Windows 10: Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Discus and support Can't change the display language from Chinese to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Francois Jansen van, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Hi savvy tech guys and girls,

I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English.

What I have done:

1. I have downloaded an English language pack.

2. I have removed the Chinese language pack.

3. I have restarted my laptop several times.

… But I still do not get the option to change my display language.

Should I reinstall an English version of Windows, and if so, do I need to buy a new version or can I somehow this Chinese versions product key over to the new installation. Or is there a better way to change the display language?

Kind regards,

Francois

:)

Francois Jansen van, Apr 12, 2020
  2. inam Win User

Language conversion from chinese to english

I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still language is in Chinese... I donʻt know how to change the Language. How and what to do plz help me....

3. The PC no longer displays in English but has reverted to Chinese as the Display language.

Dear Wungraileng Vashi,

Thank you for your reply. I did not make any changes to the PC settings and the only change that has recently occurred is that the BBC Iplayer App was updated to a new version.

Step I results

English (UK) is selected (though if say French is selected the keyboard will reflect the French keyboard layout)

Step 2 Results

English (UK) is selected

Step 3 Results

English (UK) is the top Language (Though cannot be certain if the the Chinese actually indicates if it is the default)

I have removed English as the language and installed French, but apart from the keyboard reflecting those language changes the O/S is still displaying Chinese. There is no Chinese in the installed languages.

Regards,

Rupert

RupertRidout-Jamieson, Apr 12, 2020
  4. AjishM Win User

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Change Language from Chinese to English

I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?

AjishM, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

1. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English - Similar Threads - Can't change display

2. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  3. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  4. I can't change my Window's 10 Language from Chinese to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my Window's 10 Language from Chinese to English: I recently bought a PC from China and i cannot change my language. I bought it from a company called Thunderobot. Can someone please help me because it says your license only supports this language and i cannot download another language pack. Someone please help!...
  5. Chinese laptop can't change system language to English

Chinese laptop can't change system language to English: I live in China and I bought a Lenovo laptop in June 2020. The problem is that I can't seem to change the system language at all. I have installed several English language packs, but they can only be used for typing NOT for system display language. In the region/language...
  6. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  7. How to change a display font to English from Chinese?

How to change a display font to English from Chinese?: Hello Team - I bought a new laptop with Win10 and the default language is Chinese. Please let me know how to change the display language to English?...
  8. change my chinese language to english

change my chinese language to english: Im trying to change my Chinese system language into English... wont change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-my-chinese-language-to-english/fb1036ee-78ba-455e-a356-8d5d73ebf4ea
  9. Change Language from Chinese to English

Change Language from Chinese to English: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?...
  10. Language conversion from chinese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Language conversion from chinese to english: I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still...