Windows 10: can't change the name of a folder any folder

Discus and support can't change the name of a folder any folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hey, I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it, im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by noampaz, Jan 1, 2020.

1. noampaz Win User

can't change the name of a folder any folder

hey,

I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it,

im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find the specific file" im getting it in hebrew so the translation may not be accurate

what can I do?

windows 10, 100 +GB avialble

thanks,

Noam

:)

noampaz, Jan 1, 2020
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 1, 2020
  4. can't change the name of a folder any folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused can't change the name of a folder any folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well can't change the name of a folder any folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

can't change the name of a folder any folder

1. can't change the name of a folder any folder - Similar Threads - can't change name

2. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  3. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  4. Changing User folder name ??

Changing User folder name ??: I recently clean installed Win 10 and i came to found out that the name of the user folder is first 5 letters of my email address. I wanted to know if there is a simple solution to this. I also tried renaming and changing path in regedit using Administrator account but it was...
  5. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  6. Folder names changed after folder move

Folder names changed after folder move: I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file folder is there. I...
  7. change a user name folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  8. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  9. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...
  10. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...