Windows 10: Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness

Discus and support Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a few weeks now whenever I get a notification Windows blasts of my ears with a ping because despite lowering system sounds volume it does nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/szqk, Aug 31, 2020.

1. /u/szqk Win User

Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness

For a few weeks now whenever I get a notification Windows blasts of my ears with a ping because despite lowering system sounds volume it does nothing and the same goes for screen brightness.

submitted by /u/szqk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/szqk, Aug 31, 2020

2. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Changing "System Sound" sound volume doesn't affecting volume of Notification Sound

Hi Khalid,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

System volume doesn’t affect the notification sound. I suggest you to refer to the below link which discusses about the same.

Windows 10 notification sound volume (Adjust)

Kindly provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions.
    Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to
    Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to
    Start
    , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under
    Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

I hope the above information helps. If you have any other queries related to Windows10 products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness

1. Can't change the volume of system sound and brightness - Similar Threads - Can't change volume

2. Changing volume doesn't change sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing volume doesn't change sound: I have the same exact problem as the person below, however my laptop is Windows 11, while theirs is a Windows 10.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-volume-doesnt-change-sound/fbf5faab-ed4e-4ca1-9b2c-0dae70160b62...
  3. increasing the sound volume on the system

in Windows 10 Customization
    increasing the sound volume on the system: How can I turn up the sound... volume on my computer... all seems to be at full but still not loud enough. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-the-sound-volume-on-the-system/68e232ef-96a9-4079-bef3-203b45276205
  4. System Sound but it's low volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Sound but it's low volume?: Hey! I've been using my PC and today, for some reason the system sounds, for example the "run as administrator" pop-up one, are low volume. [ATTACH] Got the volume in 47 or something like that and the Google Chrome, Discord, etc were high volume, so I dont think it was...
  5. Can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness: I recently installed version 2004 for Windows and everything has been fine so far, except for the fact that my brightness has gone way up. Now usually I have the night light on, so I thought I just need to turn it back on again. I did that and the screen is still the same...
  6. can't change the brightness

can't change the brightness: Hello! I have a problem with the brightness of my Notebook's screen Since the last windows update I can't change the screen's brightness. Is there a solution? I can't find any option in the display settings. And in the Night lights settings there isn't any option for...
  7. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  8. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  9. Changing Volume Doesn't Change Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing Volume Doesn't Change Sound: When I change the audio slider on my taskbar (for example from 1% to 100%) there is absolutely no change in volume. It is just permanently loud and I can only change volumes with the speakers themselves or in whatever program I am using. It has been like this for months....
  10. Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume

Can't Hear "Ding" Sound When Changing Volume: I don't really know where to start. One day I just stopped hearing the ding sound and I don't know why. I haven't changed anything in my sound settings. Normal audio works fine and I can hear everything else. Just this isn't working....