Windows 10: Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Discus and support Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChintanNedariya, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Hello friends

suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' .

I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings'

I have also tried to change from registry this values.

ActionID1 = 5c

ActionID3 = 5f

ActionID5 = 5d

ActionID7 = 5e

But problem persist there!

Can anyone help. it is really annoying!

:)

ChintanNedariya, Jan 29, 2019

2. How to change Windows 10 Gestures (3 finger swiping)

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Dell Inspiron Laptop to Windows 10.

I now have the Windows 10 three finger gestures on my touchpad that basically act as alt+tab (Swipe left/right:
    move between windows, Swipe up: task switch,
    Swipe down:
    minimize all windows and show the desktop)

I absolutely hate this!

In Windows 7, swiping up and down with 3 fingers allowed me to switch between tabs in my internet browser. And swiping left hit the "back button", and swiping right hit the "forward button" in the browser. I
    liked this! It was SUPER efficient and SUPER convenient. But, this has been overridden by the new Windows 10, 3 finger gestures.

Is there anyway to replace the new Windows 10 3 finger gestures with my old Windows 7 3 finger gestures?

I looked through all the settings and "additional mouse settings" and "touchpad settings" but I haven't found a way to change it.

Again, is there a way to change my Windows 10 3 finger gestures back to the way they were in Windows 7?

AlexLefkowitz, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Three fingers swipe to open Task View on Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• How did you update the latest synaptic touchpad drivers? Ii it through manufacture website/any other source?

• Have you installed all the latest Windows updates?

• Have you changed any Mouse or touchpad settings prior to the issue? Is it the first time you are facing this issue after installing Windows 10 in your computer?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below suggestions

As you have updated the touchpad drivers, check if you are able to configure the finger swipe touchpad gestures by following the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Devices, select
      Mouse and Touchpad
      on the left navigation pane under the Devices settings window.

• Change the settings to enable touchpad features under
      Touchpad.
    Under the touchpad, check whether you are able to configure the three finger swipe gestures.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Ryan GK Win User

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Trackpad Gestures in Windows 10 are doing the wrong things - three finger swipe not working

I am not sure you understood my explanation. I would like the trackpad to work exactly they way you described but currently:

• Three finger swiping left and right doesn't do anything unless I am in a browser and then it functions as a "back" button or "forward" button going to the last webpage I was on.
    • Three finger swiping down opens settings but it should minimize all windows
    • Three finger swiping up opens Cortana but it should be task switch

How do I fix these gestures so that it works like you described like the following:

• See all open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them away from you.
    • Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe them towards yourself.
    • Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left.

Ryan GK, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

1. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes. - Similar Threads - Can't change Three

2. Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement: We run a number of Windows 11 touch screen devices that we want to be able to administratively restrict the ability to use the Three and Four finger Touch gestures.I can see this setting in the gui under Bluetooth & Devices > Touch which i can manually toggle off.I ideally...
  3. Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Three and four finger disablement: We run a number of Windows 11 touch screen devices that we want to be able to administratively restrict the ability to use the Three and Four finger Touch gestures.I can see this setting in the gui under Bluetooth & Devices > Touch which i can manually toggle off.I ideally...
  4. Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.: Hello, I am writing to bring to your attention a pressing issue that I have been unable to resolve.I am using Microsoft Edge as a single-kiosk application on a Windows 11 Pro system. Regrettably, I have encountered a significant bug that allows me to inadvertently drag the...
  5. Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.: Hello, I am writing to bring to your attention a pressing issue that I have been unable to resolve.I am using Microsoft Edge as a single-kiosk application on a Windows 11 Pro system. Regrettably, I have encountered a significant bug that allows me to inadvertently drag the...
  6. How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Three-finger Swipe Gesture is a great way to add a shortcut to your Touchpad. You can swipe using your three fingers to do a certain task. In this post, we will see how to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10 computers. Let us go to the guide. Change...
  7. Three Finger Touchpad Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Three Finger Touchpad Function: Hello, I've just downloaded windows 10. Before this download, when I used the 3 finger function it would only show 1 app for the internet browser I was using, regardless of how many tabs I had opened. Now, when I use the function it displays all of the tabs I have opened...
  8. Three finger swipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  9. Any way to improve three finger swipe to switch window focus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to improve three finger swipe to switch window focus?: Hey guys, I was wondering if there is anyway to remove the menu that pops up when you three finger swipe to change window focus so be more like on Mac? I really like my track pad gestures however, when switching windows, a 'menu' pops up, showing all open programs and the...
  10. Four Finger Swipe to switch multiple desktops not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Four Finger Swipe to switch multiple desktops not working Windows 10: I have can not use 4 finger swipe to switch desktops windows 10 home (1809) Toshiba P75-A7100 laptop. When I googled it I found "https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027871/windows-10-touchpad-gestures" but 4 finger is not working for me. I have uninstalled the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot set three finger swipe to change audio and volume