Windows 10: Can't change time zone on surface

Discus and support Can't change time zone on surface in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6, bought in China mainland, and now I've moved to the US, I naturally wanted to adjust the clock to the local time zone. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Can't change time zone, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Can't change time zone on surface

I have a Surface Pro 6, bought in China mainland, and now I've moved to the US, I naturally wanted to adjust the clock to the local time zone. However, when I followed the instructions online and went to Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time, I found the option of "Seet time zone automatically" is gray and when clicked on, doesn't respond. The "Time zone" option below is also not working.When I go to Region -> Additional date, time& regional settings -> Date and Time -> change the time zone, and click on the "Change time zone..." option on the screeen, a window

:)

Can't change time zone, Feb 3, 2023
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Feb 3, 2023
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Time Zones do not change

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

I opened the account on my computer which has Administrator Privileges and ran regedit.

In the first string you suggested, it was already set to NTP.

In the second string, I changed the value to 3, as instructed.

Regrettably, after the restart - the trouble is still present. The Time Zone is still stuck on the time zone of the place I started my trip from.

I opened Settings>Time and confirmed that the toggle is set to Automatically Detect/Change the Time Zone, but it clearly isn't working. Additionally, the place where it displays the Time Zone (which if you click on usually drops down a list where you can
    select a new TZ) is grayed out and not longer drops down a list if you click upon it.

Also grayed out is the toggle allowing you to choose to ignore Daylight Savings.

Hmmm. Puzzling.

B. Parker, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Can't change time zone on surface

Time Zone Change

I moved states recently and went to change my time zone, only to discover my new time zone (Sydney) wasn't on the list.

How do I get the new time zone added. I would have thought all the major cities would have been there automatically.

helpancient, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Can't change time zone on surface

1. Can't change time zone on surface - Similar Threads - Can't change zone

2. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  3. Can't change time zone on surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change time zone on surface: I have a Surface Pro 6, bought in China mainland, and now I've moved to the US, I naturally wanted to adjust the clock to the local time zone. However, when I followed the instructions online and went to Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time, I found the option of "Seet...
  4. Can't change time zone on surface

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change time zone on surface: I have a Surface Pro 6, bought in China mainland, and now I've moved to the US, I naturally wanted to adjust the clock to the local time zone. However, when I followed the instructions online and went to Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time, I found the option of "Seet...
  5. Changing Time Zone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Time Zone: My time zone is US Mountain Time. Whenever I try to change the time zone to US Mountain Time my pc automatically changes back to Pacific Time. Does anyone know why or a way to fix this?...
  6. Can't change time zone on PC

Can't change time zone on PC: Whenever I select a different time zone in settings, it doesn't change the display time in the corner, and after choosing 'Set time zone automatically' or restarting my pc it sends it back to the wrong time zone it thinks I'm in. I've tried changing the time server, setting...
  7. I can't change time zone

I can't change time zone: Hi, I am using window 10. I moved from US to South Korea, and I want to change time zone at window 10. But whenever I tried to change time zone, window gets back to the US time zone immediately. Any solutions available from previous questions do not work. NEED HELP....
  8. Changing Time Zone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Time Zone: I recently built my computer and the time has always been a few hours behind, I've googled how to change the time zones but after I change it to my timezone the time doesn't change on the computer. I need help. submitted by /u/Facts-I-Made-Up [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't change time zone

Can't change time zone: After resetting window 10, the region is locked to USA, and the option to change it is locked. [ATTACH] I am using an admin account: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-time-zone/5164ba99-4cf0-4aa9-a96c-0dfd68ad907d
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450