Windows 10: Can't change to FOCUS MAIL off on my hotmail account; setting closes program

Discus and support Can't change to FOCUS MAIL off on my hotmail account; setting closes program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Win10 and a hotmail account set up via Windows mail. When I try to change settings, a few settings open successfully, but some merely close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JL Pritchard, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Can't change to FOCUS MAIL off on my hotmail account; setting closes program

I have Win10 and a hotmail account set up via Windows mail. When I try to change settings, a few settings open successfully, but some merely close the program. In particular, when I try to change from Focus Mail ON to FOCUS OFF, the entire mail app simply closes. What to do?

:)

JL Pritchard, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Polarman Win User

Hotmail accounts posted online

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, according to reports.

See this arcticle for more details:

BBC NEWS | Technology | Phishing attack targets Hotmail

I suggest that you change your password if you use any "Live" accounts.

Polarman, Jan 15, 2020
  3. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Can't change to FOCUS MAIL off on my hotmail account; setting closes program

send to mail does not open the mail program although it has been set as standard mail program

Sorry, but it doesn't work. Default program has been correctly set to windows "mail"program.Does the fact, that the mail program has two connected email accounts (Hotmail and gmail) have any significance?

tassosevmiridis, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't change to FOCUS MAIL off on my hotmail account; setting closes program

1. Can't change to FOCUS MAIL off on my hotmail account; setting closes program - Similar Threads - Can't change FOCUS

2. Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.: Windows Live Mail will not send mail from my hotmail account, but will send mail from my gmail account.Here is the message:An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 204.79.197.212 204.79.197.212:587,...
  3. Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly my Windows LIve Mail account is not sending mail from my hotmail account.: Windows Live Mail will not send mail from my hotmail account, but will send mail from my gmail account.Here is the message:An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 204.79.197.212 204.79.197.212:587,...
  4. Adding a second hotmail account to mail

Adding a second hotmail account to mail: I have my primary hotmail account setup through Windows Mail for Windows 10 though when I try to add my secondary hotmail account to combine them into my inbox it just loads for hours saying creating account. I've tried different methods to add this account and have also...
  5. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  6. Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password: Windows 10 Mail - how to change my hotmail password. So... how does one change their password in Windows 10 Mail using a Hotmail account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-how-to-change-my-hotmail-password/9f1b4b0b-679a-413f-94d7-01a73e470f73
  7. My hotmail account changed the settings on my work computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    My hotmail account changed the settings on my work computer: I had to check an important email on my hotmail account. When I went to sign in to Hotmail just using the internet it changed my work computer wall paper to the same as I have on my home computer. Why did this happen? Is there anyway of reverting my work computer to where is...
  8. Win 10 Mail: Can't Change or Save Account Settings

Win 10 Mail: Can't Change or Save Account Settings: In "account settings", i applied new settings in "options for syncing your content". The progress bar never stopped. Then i restarted computer. Now, "options for syncing your content" is grayed out. I can click "Save", but again, The progress bar never stops. Any...
  9. My mail program can't sync.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mail program can't sync.: When I clicked the refresh button to seek new mails, Mail didn't do it showing ERROR CODE 0x80004001. And it said I can find more information at this site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mail-program-cant-sync/f7208bb4-1b9b-4194-81be-b8f57a02c96a
  10. Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding another Hotmail/Outlook account to my Mail App?: Hello, I have a Microsoft account and I am using it with Windows 10. I want to use the Windows 10 built in Mail App. It seem very nice. I added multiple Gmail and Yahoo accounts without any issue. But, finally, when I want to add more Hotmail accounts Windows...