Windows 10: Can't change to local account

Discus and support Can't change to local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message "The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MikeWilliams, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Can't change to local account

When I try to change to a local account on my 10 machine I get this message

"The password you entered isn't complex enough to meet this PC's requirements. Please go back and try a password that contains numbers, letters and symbols"

The password does contain letters, numbers and symbols.

I have checked with secpol.msc and there is no password policy set, but I suspect this may be for domain joined PCs only

:)

MikeWilliams, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

I am logged into my Microsoft account and I want to log into the current I have used for years. When I followed instructions, it wants me to create a new instead of just adding the current one. How do I add the current one that
    has all of my settings already established on my computer?

Thanks.

Staci

local account, Aug 2, 2015
  4. MarkinCA Win User

Can't change to local account

I have the same problem using Win 10 Pro. Good news is you can change to a local account by entering no password. Bad news is that even after changing to a local account, you still cannot set up a password and get the same error message. I have not explored beyond that.

MarkinCA, Sep 7, 2015
  5. Good to know, but does not help in my case as I need a password to be set in order for network sharing to work seamlessly between machines.

MikeWilliams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't change to local account

1. Can't change to local account - Similar Threads - Can't change local

2. Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop.: Reposting due to no valuable responsesAfter a factory reset resulting from failed motherboard, I cannot change Windows sign in from local account to Microsoft account.From Windows Key > Settings > Accounts > Account Settings > Your Info > Account Settings: I select, "Sign in...
  3. Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop

Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop: I cannot change Windows sign in from local account to Microsoft account.From Account Settings I select, "Sign in with Microsoft account instead", I enter my Microsoft email & PW, I get Authenticator notification and I approve.I get the "Sign into this computer using Microsoft...
  4. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  5. Can't change local account to microsoft account

Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  6. Can't change local account to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change local account to a Microsoft account: I want to change PC login from a local account to a Microsoft account The system is Windows 10 Home When I go to Accounts I do not see the option 'Sign in with a Microsoft Account' What am I missing? How do I change a PC login using a local account to using a Microsoft...
  7. I can't change back to a Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change back to a Local Account: I need to change my profile on Windows back to a Local Account (after being dragged into it by Microsoft Store). When I try to find the option, there isn't an option where it should be. Microsoft Support is also asking for remote access to my PC (which I said no to). Does...
  8. Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed microsoft account to local account and now i can't change it back...: Like the title says, i accidentally switched my microsoft account to a local account and would like to change it back. I was having problems with sync and thought that doing that would fix it. just made things worse... When I try to login to my microsoft account, I go from...
  9. My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Administrator account changed to local account and i can't changed it back: I know about the net user administrator cmd technique and it didn't work, I keep getting system error 5 even after I run it as administrator. the account is the only account in the system i didn't activate default the guest and/or the administrator account....
  10. Account Hacked. Can't change local login.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Hacked. Can't change local login.: Hello, I have reason to believe my accounts been hacked, because my computers has 475gb stored on the C: drive with all that data being stored in the temp folder. The first thing I tried to do was change my password, but the "change password" option has been removed from my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the password you entered isnt complex enough to meet this PCs requirements

2. password you entered isnt complex enough to meet this PCs requirements