Windows 10: can't change .url app

Discus and support can't change .url app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; those 2 pics describe what I'm talking about, I cant change the .URL file like in the first picture so is there any way to solve this problem, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MuhammadGawad, Apr 20, 2021.

1. can't change .url app

those 2 pics describe what I'm talking about, I cant change the .URL file like in the first picture so is there any way to solve this problem, and files look like the third one, hope that someone would help me fix this. Thanks in advance. can't change .url app c4486cc7-d2a1-44f2-a9ea-c72b4a9eb206?upload=true.png can't change .url app a92fcf61-9c10-406c-af2f-0661a28f8439?upload=true.png can't change .url app cdb28441-bd5a-40fc-a187-c046fcb7275f?upload=true.png

:)

MuhammadGawad, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

can't change .url app [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

can't change .url app [​IMG]

4. Brink Win User

can't change .url app

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. can't change .url app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

can't change .url app

1. can't change .url app - Similar Threads - can't change url

2. Sharepoint url connection in Power Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharepoint url connection in Power Apps: Hey Mates....,I created a app in Power Apps, while connecting data sources through sharepoint it is asking for sharepoint url where can I find that url and how to connect .Any suggestions and further process guide is well appreciated .Thanks in Advance....
  3. Sharepoint url connection in Power Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharepoint url connection in Power Apps: Hey Mates....,I created a app in Power Apps, while connecting data sources through sharepoint it is asking for sharepoint url where can I find that url and how to connect .Any suggestions and further process guide is well appreciated .Thanks in Advance....
  4. Apps and URLs take minutes to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and URLs take minutes to open: Hi everyone,I've been having some strange issues with Windows 10 for months now and no matter what I tried, I was not able to fix it.First issue is that apps take a few minutes to open, starting from 1-2 minutes for desktop apps and 3-5 or more minutes for UWP apps.The second...
  5. can't change .url app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't change .url app: I can't change the .url files app it's by default set to internet browser and show nothing other than it and microsoft store so is there anyway to change it I added 2 photos to understand easily if I didn't clarify well I hope someone will help me fix this issue thanks in...
  6. Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked: By default, when I paste a website's URL copied from the browser address bar to a Mail app message, it will hyperlink the URL make it clickable but change its text to the title of the webpage... this can be a problem for someone not sure of what the link is actually for if...
  7. Desktop links changed to .url

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop links changed to .url: Since yesterday a couple of links on my desktop changed into .url files. The icons are not showing and they do not function anymore. For example Portal 2 (steam game) now shows a white icon with the text Portal 2.url. It contains the following information (I changed the GUI...
  8. Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mapping SharePoint Library / Changing Properties changes URL?: Hi, I have mapped a SharePoint library to Quick Access in Windows Explorer. SharePoint sync is not permitted in my company, and this is a workaround. However, when you right click the and bring up the properties of the mapped library in Quick access, you can change the...
  9. URL change

in Browsers and Email
    URL change: Can somebody explain what is happening here? (Win10 Pro, Firefox) I look to live cam video on YouTube: Aurora Borealis in Lapland, Finland *Live Stream* - YouTube I make an internet shortcut in a folder on the desktop. Everything is ok till here. Then I shift this internet...
  10. Default App Can't Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default App Can't Change: Recently I have some .swf files in my computer, and currently it can be played with GOM Player. Now, I wanted to change the default app for opening the swf files, to Adobe Flash Player, that was part of Adobe Animate. But strangely, it won't allow me to change at all - it...