Windows 10: Cant change user password

Discus and support Cant change user password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rezzi N, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Rezzi N Win User

Cant change user password

I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the password. I attempted and entered the wrong password many times it started to lock itself.I read online and managed to log into as administrator but could not change the password for my usermy main accountI have been using my laptop logged into administrator for a while now but want to log into my user.I have tried changing password various ways but they all don't allow me to change my accounts passwordI even took photosi don't know where to p

:)

Rezzi N, Apr 25, 2022

2. Changing User Accounts Password

Hi Eddy,

If you are an Admin user for your Windows 10 device, it’s still possible to change another user’s password. To perform the said task, follow these steps:

• Simultaneously press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Once accessed, type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the user and choose Reset password.
    • Change it to your preferred password.

Once done, you may close the window and try to use the new password for the account.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

Arthur Rui, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    Unable to change user password in Windows 10.

Thank you for updating us, Steve.

We would suggest you to follow the steps below to change the password for your local account:

• Press Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts.

Cant change user password cf168ad1-6de9-4429-9866-0646e84c0d5d.jpg

• Select Manage another account and then click your user name or the local account that you wanted to set for a new password.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Provide the correct details to change your local account password and then click
      Change password.

Cant change user password 88ea9ca3-74d1-48d6-9fea-338a4b07f075.jpg
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Cant change user password

Change the password for a user account in Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the below steps:

• Press "Windows logo" + "R" in the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user and click on Reset password.
    • Now you will be able to change the password.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Cant change user password

1. Cant change user password - Similar Threads - Cant change user

2. Cant change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change my password: So recently i changed from windows 11 to windows 10 because it was hard to navigate and wasnt working well. But now when im using windows 10 it seems there is some settings missing. For example what i wanted to do was set a password with just 4 numbers. I was searching up...
  3. Cant change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change my password: So recently i changed from windows 11 to windows 10 because it was hard to navigate and wasnt working well. But now when im using windows 10 it seems there is some settings missing. For example what i wanted to do was set a password with just 4 numbers. I was searching up...
  4. Cant change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cant change email password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant change email password: I'm trying to change my email password but since I dont remember the alternative email that I provided when creating it 12 years ago, I had to add security by providing another email address, however I have to wait 30 days to do so? Why? My email address is in jeopardy of...
  6. Cant change email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change email password: I'm trying to change my email password but since I dont remember the alternative email that I provided when creating it 12 years ago, I had to add security by providing another email address, however I have to wait 30 days to do so? Why? My email address is in jeopardy of...
  7. Cant change email password

8. Cant change user password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change user password: I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the password. I attempted and entered the wrong password many times it started to lock itself.I read online and managed to log...
  9. Cant change user password

Cant change user password: I have a Asus Gaming laptop.I remember changing the password when i went to visit family so no one could use it. When i came back i had forgotten the password. I attempted and entered the wrong password many times it started to lock itself.I read online and managed to log...
  10. cant change password on minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change password on minecraft: not getting any messages and i clearly bought it but other then a receipt nothing on my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-password-on-minecraft/8bb2c791-3a02-4c2f-8498-492bff1bcb24