Windows 10: Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

Discus and support Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jamilur RezaSayed, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks!I have already tried the regedit thing.Build:Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎3/‎20/‎2021 OS build 19043.1052 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

Jamilur RezaSayed, Jun 28, 2021

2. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Jun 28, 2021
  3. piersv Win User
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect.

I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks!

piersv, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

Data Usage value stuck at 0MB.

Original title: Data Usage

I am facing issues with the data usage feature of Windows 10. It is not metering data usage. Previously it was stored to a constant value. After I reset the values to 0B It has not changed yet.

AyushBansal, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

1. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data - Similar Threads - Can't change value

2. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  3. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  4. Problems changing the diagnostic data option

Problems changing the diagnostic data option: I'm interested in trialing the Windows 11 build however to do that I need to turn on "Optional diagnostic data". When I turn this on and go to any other part of settings or close settings it disables this and goes back to the "Required diagnostic data" option. I've looked to...
  5. I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data": I wanted to join Windows Insider, but it said I need to set diagnostic data settings and I don't see it anywhere. I saw a post that said I should change "AllowTelemetry" setting in Registry Editor to 3 and startup service called "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry", but...
  6. Unable to change 'Diagnostic Data' value under 'Diagnostics and Feedback' in Privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change 'Diagnostic Data' value under 'Diagnostics and Feedback' in Privacy settings.: I recently tried to apply for the Windows Insider program to get preview builds. The settings app then prompted me to set the Diagnostic Data option to 'Full' in order to receive preview builds. When I go to the Diagnostic Data tab, the options to change the value to either...
  7. Data Usage App showing incorrect value

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage App showing incorrect value: Hi everyone, I'm trying to monitor my data usage and found some odd things. My data usage monitor built into windows (in Settings -> Network) is showing I've used 72 gigabytes in the last month. However, a 3rd party app (its called Data Usage on the Window's store) is...
  8. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full: My attempt to submit feedback fails, because this is disabled, and I can't change it in order to be able to submit feedback - where 'submit' is disabled for this reason....
  9. Can't customize Diagnostic Data

Can't customize Diagnostic Data: In Settings | Privacy | Feedback & Diagnostics, the Diagnostic Data area is greyed, so I can't select Full (Basic is in force, and Enhanced is absent), and the red "Some settings are hidden..." message appears on top. I'm sure it's due to some policy setting, so can someone...
  10. Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 As you use Windows, we collect diagnostic information, and to make sure we're listening to you, our customer, we've also built ways for you to send us feedback...