Windows 10: Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; From the last update i can't change wallpaper in lock screen it says ”Some settings are hidden„ please help Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Peter Vykoupil, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10

From the last update i can't change wallpaper in lock screen it says ”Some settings are hidden„

please help

Thanks

:)

Peter Vykoupil, Dec 17, 2019

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 17, 2019
  3. hello10 Win User
    [SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

Okay, it's like this.

My system had been showing the default Win 10 landscape wallpapers in all screens. Just recently, I decided to change them. I used Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen to replace the wallpaper using my own picture collection and set the same wallpaper for log-in (LOGON) screen. I manually locked my system to test it, no problem. When my system timed out, no problem. The new custom wallpaper was shown on both LOCK and LOGON screens. I thought that was it.

Then, every time I cold-booted, the system began showing the default Win 10 landscape wallpaper again. If I touched the mouse or keyboard, the LOGON screen popped up with the new custom wallpaper. From this point on until shutdown, if the system got locked manually or timed out, the new custom wallpaper was shown on the LOCK and LOGON screens all the time. If I shutdown the system and cold-booted, the default Win 10 landscape wallpaper came up again on (what I call) the BOOT screen. I repeated the Settings procedure many times, but it did not produce the result I wanted. I thought the picture or setting was stuck or it was a bug unique to my system/setup.

When I began looking for a solution on-line, I discovered my case was happening to others, too. Almost all of the solutions offered were about the same procedure mentioned above until I came across that of HeatherS1969. Because the last step ended on the Lock Screen settings page, I thought at first that the HeatherS1969 approach simply used a different starting point but was ultimately the same, but the follow-up by MichelleBryant-Thomas in the thread suggested that it worked. So, I carefully repeated the steps as instructed, and it fixed the issue.

Usual procedure:
    Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen to replace the background picture

The HeatherS1969 approach:
    Start -> click on account picture -> change account settings -> Sign-in options -> Related settings / Lock screen -> Lock Screen to replace the background picture

I use Classic Shell, so I'm not sure if the steps are the same for people who use the default Win 10 (Metro?) setup. In both procedures, one ends up on the Lock Screen settings page, but choice made through the HeatherS1969 approach actually changes the BOOT screen wallpaper.

I hope that clears things up for you.

hello10, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10

[SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

I did.

Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Didn't make a difference!

Edwin, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10

1. Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't change wallpaper

2. Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.: After a recent Windows Update, I tried changing the lock screen wallpaper but the wallpaper has changed to a picture which i had set as a wallpaper 3-4 months ago. The picture was also deleted before 2-3 months but it is set as the wallpaper and is not changing. I tried...
  3. changing wallpaper for lock screen

changing wallpaper for lock screen: i need to ulock edge to get new wallpaper for lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wallpaper-for-lock-screen/8d4591d8-c9ba-4c53-932f-0a85867662c8
  4. changing wallpaper for lock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    changing wallpaper for lock screen: i need to ulock edge to get new wallpaper for lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wallpaper-for-lock-screen/8d4591d8-c9ba-4c53-932f-0a85867662c8
  5. Can't change lock screen wallpaper - Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change lock screen wallpaper - Windows 8.1: I can't change the lock screen wallpaper in windows 8.1, i tried everything but everytime i just cant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-wallpaper-windows-81/433f20e5-3134-452f-8063-1870a487e2e9
  6. Can't change lock screen wallpaper - Windows 8.1

Can't change lock screen wallpaper - Windows 8.1: I can't change the lock screen wallpaper in windows 8.1, i tried everything but everytime i just cant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-lock-screen-wallpaper-windows-81/433f20e5-3134-452f-8063-1870a487e2e9
  7. Can't change lock screen wallpaper. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change lock screen wallpaper. Windows 10: I haven't been able to change my lock screen wallpaper for months. This started happening after a certain version update. I use windows 10 home edition....
  8. Can't change my lock screen wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my lock screen wallpaper.: I've been having this problem for a while but have been unable to find a solution for it. When I'm trying to change my lock screen wallpaper via the personalization settings it keeps on loading. And when I'm trying to change it via the picture view I get the message "Try a...
  9. Can't change lock screen wallpaper

Can't change lock screen wallpaper: When I go to the picture, right click, then set as lock screen, my screen freezes for a minute then says "try another photo". The same thing happens when I try to do it in the personalization settings. It's not an issue with the picture, when I try and use a different one,...
  10. Can't change lock screen wallpaper!

Can't change lock screen wallpaper!: Can't change lock screen wallpaper tried every method. [ATTACH] 1. Did I make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?:- Nope , just regular update 2. Is the issue specific to a particular picture?:- Nope, all picture 3. Are you logged in as the administrator?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change lock screen windows 10

2. cant change desktop background windows 10

3. Cant update my lock screen wallpaper