Windows 10: Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

Discus and support Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanting to download it to my d: drive because my c: drive is too full with other files. Every time I try to change it in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JalenOakes, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

Bought Forza Horizon 4 and wanting to download it to my d: drive because my c: drive is too full with other files. Every time I try to change it in my settings where I want it to go to I get error code 0x80070005.

:)

JalenOakes, Jan 11, 2021

2. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?

Bill Jackson007, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Maryssa22 Win User
    Change program download drive from C to D

My program default download drive is C, but it has much less storage space on it than my D drive. How can I change the default drive for program downloads to D so as to keep my C drive faster and functioning well.

Maryssa22, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

Change program download drive from C to D

Sounds like you have a Hybrid drive but its not being used.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Could you take a screenshot then post it in a reply here?

If the D: drive is larger than C:, I would try partitioning the drive.

Here is an article how to partition a drive:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-partiti...

Name one Partition 'Files' and the other 'Apps'.

Open the Files partition, create a folder and name it: Maryssa22

Press Windows key + R

Type: %userprofile%

Hit Enter

Right click your Documents folder

Click Properties

Select the Location tab

Click Move

Browse to the Files partition we created earlier then select Maryssa22 folder.

Repeat the same steps for other folders such as Pictures, Videos etc.

Open Start > Settings > System > Storage

Under More storage settings, click 'Change where new content is saved'

In New apps will save to list box, choose the 'Apps' partition we created earlier.

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features

Select any large app you have downloaded from the Windows Store

Click Move, choose the 'Apps' partition

Andre Da Costa, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive

1. Cant change where apps will download to. Wanting to change from c: drive to d: drive - Similar Threads - Cant change where

2. C drive and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  3. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  4. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...
  5. Moving app from C: drive to D: drive

Moving app from C: drive to D: drive: How do I move an app to a different internal drive? I'm aware of the move tool in the apps and features settings but it is greyed out and unavailable with no explanation as to why. I'd rather move the application without uninstalling and reinstalling it as it is a large file...
  6. Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive

Changing location of One Drive Pictures folders from a folder on c drive to d drive: I want the OneDrive to backup pictures from my d drive rather than my c drive. when I click location for my one drive pictures and try and change it I get the following error message Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same directory that can't be...
  7. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...: Hi ! I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning all the...
  8. App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.: I am attempting to download the most current Nox Player app to my Windows 10 PC but it keeps attempting the download to my D drive instead of my C drive. I do not have the room on my D drive for the download. I am unable to get it to download to my C drive. My computer...
  9. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  10. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage): I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc. I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage. I have tried...