Windows 10: Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

Discus and support Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep getting the error message. 0x80070005. This error is stopping me from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/picturemepictureyou, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

Hey, I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep getting the error message. 0x80070005. This error is stopping me from installing games through xbox game pass as according to the xbox app, that drive isn't set up for installing games, despite other launchers not having an issue with it.

I have tried a few things like removing the Windows apps folders from all three drives yet it hasn't seemed to clear up the issue. I did also read reformatting might help but I would prefer not to have to format my whole drive for it. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or work arounds for this.

submitted by /u/picturemepictureyou
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/picturemepictureyou, Aug 19, 2020
  2. Laibalion Win User

I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games on my gamedrive.

I did an refresh of my OS (Windows 10 2004 x64) and on my game drive (ZCan't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external... :) I had ~550GB worth of XBox GamePass games installed.

And here a few issues are popping up:

1. There doesn't seem to be a way for the XBox Game App or Windows to recognize that these apps were installed there before
    2. I cannot reinstall games on that drive now. Try to do so, it shows a message 'This drive isn't configured for installing games.'. When setting up this drive via Settings->Storage->'Change where new content is saved' i see the following behavior:
      1. change one of the categories to the Z drive, it seems to do something
      2. go back and open the 'Change where new content is saved' setting again, the change was not applied.
      3. So this doesn't work
    3. When trying to move an app that was installed on the C drive to the Z drive i get prompted with the message that it finds apps from a previous 'device' on it and needs to wipe those apps. THis is a problem because:
      1. I don't have the capacity to re-download 550GB of data
      2. I don't remember what I had installed even
    How can this be designed this way? Every time I need to reinstall the OS, I have to redownload and reinstall all 550GB worth XBox GamePass games al over again??

Is there some way for me to recover the previously downloaded files so that I don't have to download the everything again?

Laibalion, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

1. Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external... - Similar Threads - Can't change where

2. Can't change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change where new content is saved: Hello, I'm trying to change where new content is saved in Windows settings > Storage > Advanced storage settings. The only option is drive C. I have 2 more partitions drive F and E. All are formatted in NFTS. I also can't change installation drive in Xbox app....
  3. Please Help !!!! Can't Change Where New Apps Will Save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please Help !!!! Can't Change Where New Apps Will Save: Windows wont allow me to change where my apps will save, saying “We couldnt set your desired save location” followed by a string of text with the error code 0x80070005 the only person to help me with this problem didn't give me a single method that helped, I just want more...
  4. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  5. Can't change where apps save to?

Can't change where apps save to?: I'm getting error code 0x80070005. Any help? submitted by /u/hypermads2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is79ev/cant_change_where_apps_save_to/
  6. Can't change where my new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change where my new apps are saved to.: I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep keeping the error message. 0x80070005. Its frustrating because I just purchased the xbox gamepass for pc and can't change where I want to install my games too. Each time I go to install a game I get the...
  7. Can't change where new apps will save.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change where new apps will save.: Hi, i can't change where new apps will save. It comes up with this error message: [ATTACH] I'm on windows version 10.0.18363, if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-where-new-apps-will-save/1638e5e5-783c-4d72-a31d-5b5fbb39fe02
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Hi, so i have xbox gamepass, i tried to get gears 5 and by default is saves the game in SSD and i don't have enough space.I tried to change it to HDD but with no luck.Here is the error:0x80070005, i tried to wait but with no luck....
  10. Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section

Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section: I Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section. Everytime i try to change from my ssd to my hard drive it gives me an error code ( 0x80073d0e). If any one can tell me how to fix this it would be apreciated....