Windows 10: Can't change where my Store apps are saved. Pressing the apply button just gives the...

Discus and support Can't change where my Store apps are saved. Pressing the apply button just gives the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WeakDiaphragm [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WeakDiaphragm, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Can't change where my Store apps are saved. Pressing the apply button just gives the...

/u/WeakDiaphragm, Oct 26, 2020

2. Windows Store won't download new apps or updates, gives error 0x803F7000

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response.

As per the issue description you are unable to download apps from store. However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to run the troubleshooter
    from here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue still persists I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if it works for you.

Step 1

Make sure User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.

Press the Windows key and from the Start screen type "UAC" and on the right, select Settings.

Select Change User Account Control settings and verify here.

Step 2

Check the Date & Time Zone is correct or not:

Follow these steps to change the time.

• Double Click on the current time on the bottom right hand corner of your screen.

• Then click Change date and time settings, then click the Change time zone button

• Select your time zone and tick automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time and press OK

• Then press Apply, and OK.

Now check if you can access store app.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 26, 2020
  3. When I want to install App Installer from the store, it says that i must upgrade windows.

Hi,

If issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1

Step 1

Make sure User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.

Press the Windows key and from the Start screen type "UAC" and on the right, select Settings.

Select Change User Account Control settings and verify here.

Step 2

Check the Date & Time Zone is correct or not:

Follow these steps to change the time.

• Double Click on the current time on the bottom right hand corner of your screen.

• Then click Change date and time settings, then click the Change time zone button

• Select your time zone and tick automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time and press OK

• Then press Apply, and OK.

Method 2:

If you are using a proxy connection,
    then try disabling proxy and then check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings
    • Uncheck the Use Proxy server.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.
    Now check if you can access store app.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Can't change where my Store apps are saved. Pressing the apply button just gives the...

Windows app and Windows app store not working

Hi Dennis,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Windows Store and Windows Apps on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error message/ error code while trying to access the Windows Store Apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue that might have resulted in this?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the Windows Store Apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't change where my Store apps are saved. Pressing the apply button just gives the...

1. Can't change where my Store apps are saved. Pressing the apply button just gives the... - Similar Threads - Can't change where

2. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  3. Can't change where apps save to?

Can't change where apps save to?: I'm getting error code 0x80070005. Any help? submitted by /u/hypermads2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is79ev/cant_change_where_apps_save_to/
  4. Can't change where my new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change where my new apps are saved to.: I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep keeping the error message. 0x80070005. Its frustrating because I just purchased the xbox gamepass for pc and can't change where I want to install my games too. Each time I go to install a game I get the...
  5. Can't Change drive where apps are saved

Can't Change drive where apps are saved: When I do it I am told there are old app and they need to be deleted and I press yes and then I get an error message with the code 0x80070005. Any advice? submitted by /u/ATORB [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't change where new apps will save.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change where new apps will save.: Hi, i can't change where new apps will save. It comes up with this error message: [ATTACH] I'm on windows version 10.0.18363, if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-where-new-apps-will-save/1638e5e5-783c-4d72-a31d-5b5fbb39fe02
  7. changing where apps are saved

changing where apps are saved: when I try to download games the option to download in to my hard drive is not working when it redirects me to storage settings and gives me the option to change where content is saved I change apps to my hard drive it then says that I have files from another device on my...
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Hi, so i have xbox gamepass, i tried to get gears 5 and by default is saves the game in SSD and i don't have enough space.I tried to change it to HDD but with no luck.Here is the error:0x80070005, i tried to wait but with no luck....
  10. Change where apps are stored

Change where apps are stored: Hey guys I have a few windows apps (specifically games) that I would like to move over to a new drive. I used to do this by either redownloading them and changing the download drive by clicking settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved. Later on I found out...