Windows 10: Can't change where new apps will save.

Discus and support Can't change where new apps will save. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i can't change where new apps will save. It comes up with this error message: [ATTACH] I'm on windows version 10.0.18363, if that helps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TLGH, Jun 8, 2020.

1. TLGH Win User

Can't change where new apps will save.

Hi, i can't change where new apps will save. It comes up with this error message: Can't change where new apps will save. 853a2270-27eb-4bdc-ab90-ae8d3117aa18?upload=true.png

I'm on windows version 10.0.18363, if that helps.

:)

TLGH, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

how to save new apps by changing default location?

Hello,

In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from Windows Store are automatically installed in the Windows Apps Folder. However, if you want your apps to be installed on another drive you can follow the steps bellow:

• Click on Start > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    • Go to the Save Locations section,
    • Click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive.

Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. For the ones that were already installed in your system, you can move them manually to the new location by:

• Go to Start > Settings > System >
      App & features.
    • Launch a search by typing the name of the desired app into the Type an app name field. Once found, select the app from the list and click on the
      Move button.
    • Select the destination drive and click Move.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't change where new apps will save. - Similar Threads - Can't change where

2. Can't change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change where new content is saved: Hello, I'm trying to change where new content is saved in Windows settings > Storage > Advanced storage settings. The only option is drive C. I have 2 more partitions drive F and E. All are formatted in NFTS. I also can't change installation drive in Xbox app....
  3. Please Help !!!! Can't Change Where New Apps Will Save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please Help !!!! Can't Change Where New Apps Will Save: Windows wont allow me to change where my apps will save, saying “We couldnt set your desired save location” followed by a string of text with the error code 0x80070005 the only person to help me with this problem didn't give me a single method that helped, I just want more...
  4. Can't change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where new apps are saved: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please microsoft do something about it? Bassicly says here that this disk has other apps from another device. To use this disk the other apps need to be deleted first. Continue? If i hit yes this other error pops up. It says that it cant...
  5. Change where new apps will save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where new apps will save to: I got xbox game pass and when trying to install it says I have to set up a new install location. When I try to do this it doesn't coming up with an error code which I have yet to find a solution to...
  6. Can't change where apps save to?

Can't change where apps save to?: I'm getting error code 0x80070005. Any help? submitted by /u/hypermads2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is79ev/cant_change_where_apps_save_to/
  7. Can't change where my new apps are saved to.

Can't change where my new apps are saved to.: I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep keeping the error message. 0x80070005. Its frustrating because I just purchased the xbox gamepass for pc and can't change where I want to install my games too. Each time I go to install a game I get the...
  8. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Brief backstory (just in case it's relevant). I recently got a new PC, with an SSD for OS and boot programs. I then took my old hard drive, and popped it into the new tower. Steam picked up the games no problem, and other games I downloaded to the D drive worked just fine....
  9. Can't change where new apps are saved

Can't change where new apps are saved: Hi, so i have xbox gamepass, i tried to get gears 5 and by default is saves the game in SSD and i don't have enough space.I tried to change it to HDD but with no luck.Here is the error:0x80070005, i tried to wait but with no luck....
  10. Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section

Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section: I Can't change where new content is saved for the apps section. Everytime i try to change from my ssd to my hard drive it gives me an error code ( 0x80073d0e). If any one can tell me how to fix this it would be apreciated....