Windows 10: Can't change which drive apps are installed on

Discus and support Can't change which drive apps are installed on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I try to change this in the settings, it gives me the error code 0x80070005, which I've gone through every thread to try and fix, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EliBorgenicht, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Can't change which drive apps are installed on

Every time I try to change this in the settings, it gives me the error code 0x80070005, which I've gone through every thread to try and fix, and I still am getting the error. Please, someone, give me a fix.

:)

EliBorgenicht, Aug 18, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 18, 2020
  3. App install location unable to change to a HDD

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk)
    on D: drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

• chkdsk / f

• chkdsk /r
    3. You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).

4. Press Y key on the keyboard and press
    Enter key.

5. Restart the computer and check.

Chkdsk disclaimer:
    The Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your
    own risk.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on installing the apps on D: drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Can't change which drive apps are installed on

Can´t change the default storage drive.

In Windows 10, you can now select where your new Windows apps from the Store will install and save data to by default instead of on the Windows drive.

You can select to install new Windows apps to any internal or external drive, including SD cards, USB drives, and USB flash drives. You cannot use mapped network drives, and you can only use one location at a time to save apps to. The drives will not need to
    be formatted to be able to use them to install and store Windows apps.

Windows 10 will only install new apps to the currently selected location.
    Existing apps
    do not get moved to the new location. If you wanted your existing apps installed to the new location as well, then you could uninstall the apps you want, and install them again to have them installed to the new location. You can lose
    the existing data for the app by doing this though.

Follow the steps to change the location of the apps.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Storage on the left side. On the right side under
      Save locations, select the drive you want New apps will save to.
    • When finished, you can close Settings.

Note: The default location is
    This PC for the Windows C: drive.

Make sure you're using version 1511 and that you have another hard drive location installed, then the menu will light up like this:

Can't change which drive apps are installed on a46cb8f7-66dc-4a8d-8e57-5d0c7f0659d5.png

HonorioSantos, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't change which drive apps are installed on

1. Can't change which drive apps are installed on - Similar Threads - Can't change drive

2. cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in: hello, I've seen those questions on the forum but there aren't any answers, and google doesn't help whenever I try to change the drive it keeps giving me the error 0x80070005. I bought Forza Horizon 4 on ms store but I can't download it on any drive except C. can anyone help...
  3. Can't change Microsoft Apps installation Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change Microsoft Apps installation Drive: I played Forza Horizon 4 on my PC. I did a regular reinstall (I do it every 3 months), but I didn't uninstall the game, so the contents of the game was still on my D drive afterwards. I deleted the WindowsApps folder's content on the mentioned drive (I gave permissions to...
  4. Which drive to install microsoft store apps to

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which drive to install microsoft store apps to: Hi team, I had to instal iTunes and I noticed that it opted for my main drive. I do not want to put it there. After som searchign I noticed I could move possably move the program. When I tried this I get error 0x80073d21. Why am I not asked where I want to install my...
  5. I can't find which drive is which

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find which drive is which: So I have installed a new 1 tb NVMe hard drive onto my computer. After I installed it I cloned the information from my 1 tb samsung ssd over to my my NVMe. Before I erased all the information on my SSD I wanted to make sure everything was fine with the nvme. So I disabled...
  6. Can't Change drive where apps are saved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Change drive where apps are saved: When I do it I am told there are old app and they need to be deleted and I press yes and then I get an error message with the code 0x80070005. Any advice? submitted by /u/ATORB [link] [comments]...
  7. I can't change what drives apps are installed to by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change what drives apps are installed to by default: Whenever I do it it tells me that I need to delete some apps from another device and when I say yes I get an error code 0x80070005. I've tried enteringicacls D:\ /T /C /RESET and other commands. Any Advice?...
  8. Can't install app to D: drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install app to D: drive: Please, before I start, do not tell me to go to Storge > Change where new apps are saved. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting. This is what that screen looks like when I try to drop the menu down to select a drive: https://imgur.com/9qIGDaK So how do I fix this?...
  9. Can't install apps on D:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps on D:\ drive: I went to install Halo 2: Anniversary, and I wanted to install it on my D: drive so I don't fill up my C:, and it won't let me.[ATTACH] So I click "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved", and it takes me here. [ATTACH] I switch it to D: and it shows me this...
  10. Can't change which app is assigned to a file type.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change which app is assigned to a file type.: I'm trying to change a file type associated with an extension. When I click on the "Change" line in "File Explorer Options" all I get s a blue window with a white gear symbol instead of the file type list. What am I doing wrong?...