Windows 10: Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name

Discus and support Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my Windows 10 PC named "PC" from what I can tell, but whenever I connect my Bose QC35 headphones via bluetooth to my computer, my headphones say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phdibart, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name

I have my Windows 10 PC named "PC" from what I can tell, but whenever I connect my Bose QC35 headphones via bluetooth to my computer, my headphones say "connected to desktop L8VGX bla bla bla," which is really annoying. I want to change the bluetooth device name to "PC" but can't seem to figure out how.

I'm running Windows 10 Education Edition, version 2004, build 19041.508. Under Settings > Update & Security > OS build info, it says the device name is "PC." If I pull up sysdm.cpl, it says the full computer name is "PC." Under Settings > Devices, it says my computer is discoverable as "PC."

How can I change the bluetooth device name?

submitted by /u/phdibart
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phdibart, Oct 9, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name

Tenforo, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name

1. Can't change Windows 10 bluetooth name - Similar Threads - Can't change bluetooth

2. Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10: Hello,I'm wondering whether It's possibly and how to change the user folder within the Windows 10 file structure. Right now it's named differently than the original name I picked when I created the user. I'm trying to change it back.Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of odd...
  3. Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change my user folder name in Windows 10: Hello,I'm wondering whether It's possibly and how to change the user folder within the Windows 10 file structure. Right now it's named differently than the original name I picked when I created the user. I'm trying to change it back.Additionally, I'm seeing a lot of odd...
  4. can't change Windows 10 user name - please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't change Windows 10 user name - please help: I tried to search before posting, but didn't see anything that helped. Here is the situation: I have three computers with Windows 10 Pro. All three are signed into Windows using my Microsoft account (as opposed to local accounts). Computer #1 uses the name associated with...
  5. can't change my name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change my name in Windows 10: Hi i can't change my name in Windows 10, looking at all the other posts, websites and videos I understand that there was this 'change you name' option in control panel a few years back, but now it's gone and i dont know how to change my name. I want to change the greeting in...
  6. can't change the name of my bluetooth network connection

can't change the name of my bluetooth network connection: it seems like windows keeps changing the name of my bluetooth network connection if i try to change it back again, it says that it cant be changed because theres already a bluetooth connection with that name? Solved by using this program to clean up unused devices. √ 161424
  7. sign-in name can't be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign-in name can't be changed: I'm so confused cuz I can't change the sign-in name ;_; The name on account info(administrator) is different from the sign-in one. I wanna change the sign-in one. Please help me ;_; Thank you soooooo much!! [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  8. Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10

Can't Change Names of Folders in Main Library of Windows 10: The following photo is of what I want to change:[ATTACH] I want to change these names, especially "Music" to Audio Files, since I don't store music mp3s on my computer. The latest update to Windows 10 has wiped out my previous ability to do this simple task. It eliminated...
  9. Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in: I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 . Fine. But now I can no longer log in. My ordinary login works on another computer just fine, so it's to do with the login being associated with this...
  10. Can't change User name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change User name: After I installed Windows 10, I created a Microsoft online account to see what it was like. During the process, it changed the name on my local Windows 10 user account. I used Control Panel to go to Users, but there seemed to be no way to change the name back to the original....