Windows 10: Can't change Windows 10 notifications

Discus and support Can't change Windows 10 notifications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; You can change the notifications in the Settings menu but all the toggles are greyed out. I am pretty sure i could change them before the anniversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klappa, Sep 24, 2016.

1. klappa Win User

Can't change Windows 10 notifications

You can change the notifications in the Settings menu but all the toggles are greyed out. I am pretty sure i could change them before the anniversary 10 update.

:)

klappa, Sep 24, 2016
  2. RaGeX Win User

Some settings are managed by your organisation problem

Hi,

I've recently updated my windows to windows 10.It's working very good,but i have a problem.When i go to
    "System>Notifications and Actions",there's the message "Some settings are managed by your organisation" and the button "Show app notification" it's turned off and i can't turn it on.This issue means that
    i can't receive notifications from apps.

I tried a SFC scan and to change "Feedback and Diagnostics" to "Full (Recommended)" but nothing changed

I will appreciate any help!

Thank you!

RaGeX, Sep 24, 2016
  3. jmainwar Win User
    Windows 10 mail client: reading pane sorted by sender

That link goes to a generic Help page that doesn't have any information about how to change notifications for an account. Even if it did, I can't see how changing notifications would help me search through old emails.

I suppose the Windows 10 Mail app might meet the requirements of anyone using a Windows 10 phone, but you really should be ashamed of yourselves for replacing Windows live mail with this toy app on desktop computers.

jmainwar, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Do you mean in 'Notifications and actions'? The toggles shouldn't be greyed out, I have the Anniversary Update and they're all blue for me.

5. klappa Win User
    Yes i mean them. Strange they're all grey for me.

klappa, Sep 24, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
  7. Edwin New Member
    Just a thought,
    if the top one is off, all the others will be greyed out.

Can't change Windows 10 notifications [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 24, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

On my Win10 Desktop I have only one that is blue and that's for the Bluetooth adapter, all the others are gray and not all will turn blue when clicking to open the feature such as All settings. And not all will work such as VPN and Airplane mode when the feature doesn't exist/isn't installed.

Berton, Sep 24, 2016
  9. klappa Win User
    Which it's exactly what i have problem with, "get notifications from apps and senders is grayed out. I have no idea which other setting would make it non switchable.

Well i can change those but not the ones in the Notifications & Actions tab.

klappa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't change Windows 10 notifications - Similar Threads - Can't change notifications

2. Windows 10 Notification Centre - Change Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notification Centre - Change Actions: Hi Community,I'm looking for a way to change the way that the items at the bottom of the Windows 10 Notification Centre aka Action Centre behave. For example, if you click on the Bluetooth item, Bluetooth is turned off which is not what is expected.One would otherwise expect...
  3. Change size of windows notification

Change size of windows notification: I accidently changed the size of windows notification , by pressing some keyboard keys which I don't know as it was happened by mistake , how to change its size back to normal...
  4. Windows 10 Notification pop ups Changing Locations

Windows 10 Notification pop ups Changing Locations: I've seen several posts related but has Microsoft yet address the ability to adjust "toast" pop up location?I get so many emails and notices that often I'm just trying to click on say my Wifi or VPN etc in the system tray and as soon as I'm about to click a notice pops up and...
  5. Can't change action center notification sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change action center notification sound...: When i set it to custom it's the same notification sound but when pressing test it works, any help? submitted by /u/Lucar69gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlqerx/cant_change_action_center_notification_sound/
  6. change notifications

change notifications: How can I change notifications on my computer so that everytime an email comes in, it doesn't flash the little window in the lower right hand corner informing me of this. it is annoying. Thank you....
  7. Can't change the notification sounds.

Can't change the notification sounds.: Hi. Currently I'm having a problem when I tried to change the notification sounds. Yesterday was fine, I can change a few of them. But today when I tried to open up the file, my dialog box is stuck. I can't expand the dialog box, or scroll it down. It seems some text also...
  8. Changing the Windows 10 Action Center notification sound for My Phone notifications

Changing the Windows 10 Action Center notification sound for My Phone notifications: I barely could find any information about this so I wanted to have some more confirmation about it, but what i want to do is change the sound of the notifications i recieve from my coupled phone so they stand out from the normal windows notifications. Is this possible?...
  9. Changes to Windows 10 notifications?

Changes to Windows 10 notifications?: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the behavior of my notifications has changed. I still get the sound but I'm no longer seeing notifications slide in automatically, I always have to click around to actually see the notification and take action. My machine is...
  10. Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10/Outlook 2007 - Can't change e-mail notification sound: Sorry to post such a picky little issue. I guess that I must be OCD and want everything to work as it should. I have: Win 10 Pro X64 build 1511 Outlook 2007 When new mail arrives, I get the default new mail sound (Windows Notify e-mail.wav). I tried to change the...