Windows 10: Can't check the properties of a file.

Discus and support Can't check the properties of a file. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having serious issues on my windows 10 O.S. For example instead of cut it changed to windoes.cut or properties changed to windows.properties. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sickon, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Sickon Win User

Can't check the properties of a file.

Having serious issues on my windows 10 O.S.

For example instead of cut it changed to windoes.cut or properties changed to windows.properties.

When I right click on a folder it does not show the entire options like before which included properties.

When on the desktop my mouse right click function that enables me to refresh the screen stopped functioning and many more.

:)

Sickon, Oct 18, 2018

2. File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 27, 2018
  3. imperialreign, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Can't check the properties of a file.

file saving with Windows 10

Hi Robert,

It is possible that the files on the separate hard drive is set as Read-only. We suggest that you see the steps below to check the file properties:

• Right-click on the file, then click on Properties.
    • Under Attributes: section, see if the Ready-only has a check mark, if yes uncheck it.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't check the properties of a file. - Similar Threads - Can't check properties

2. File properties.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File properties.: Can anyone tell why I cannot see the Details tab in file properties, specifically HP Soft-Paq *.exe files? W10 Home 64-bit running on my HP PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-properties/828de51f-3f4f-4840-ab99-1c9154ea93ea
  3. Can't check properties for any of the network adapters and can't install any drivers for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't check properties for any of the network adapters and can't install any drivers for...: Problem #1: I have 3 Network adapters Ethernet, Wireless and Bluetooth All of them was working fine I have connection to Internet except When I right click on ANY of my network adapters and then on Properties, I am getting error "An unexpected error occurred": [ATTACH]...
  4. File Properties

File Properties: I would like to simply open a folder which contains music files MP3s and see the details of the music, such as artist and album. I currently only see details such as Date modified and Type. This used to change automatically, but no longer does. Now I know to go to...
  5. Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties changing check...

in Cortana
    Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties changing check...: I have been having issues with search since last fall. I have worked with several IT folks affiliated with Microsoft, but no one has fixed it. They just chose to turn off indexing. So this is what I found.... Following some online recommendations, I opened up the data...
  6. Video editor these files have properties that can't be read

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video editor these files have properties that can't be read: I'm trying to add an mp4 video but the message "these files have properties that can't be read" appears. submitted by /u/drew_789359 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/doseq3/video_editor_these_files_have_properties_that/
  7. Cannot check properties or disable ethernet card

Cannot check properties or disable ethernet card: Hello, I wanted to check the properties of my network card and I got an error that says 'An unexpected error occurred'. When I want to disable it, it says 'it is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do...
  8. File properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties: Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info dissapears. It seems to be only happening with one certain file. Said app is groove music. Windows 10...
  9. Editing File Properties

Editing File Properties: I'm trying to edit the file properties of an mp3 file already has some info typed in to some fields, but whenever I try to add a field or edit a field and hit apply it doesn't save the new changes, and also deletes everything that was already there. This is really...
  10. File properties not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties not working: OK, so I open up "file properties" and I want to change the program that opens a particular file type when I double click it. Windows 10 won't let me do this. None of the buttons work - the "Change" or the "advanced". I can change tabs, but I cannot change the default...