Windows 10: Can't check the properties of a file.

Discus and support Can't check the properties of a file. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having serious issues on my windows 10 O.S. For example instead of cut it changed to windoes.cut or properties changed to windows.properties. Can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sickon, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Sickon Win User

Can't check the properties of a file.

Having serious issues on my windows 10 O.S.

For example instead of cut it changed to windoes.cut or properties changed to windows.properties.

When I right click on a folder it does not show the entire options like before which included properties.

When on the desktop my mouse right click function that enables me to refresh the screen stopped functioning and many more.

:)

Sickon, Oct 18, 2018

2. File explorer file properties

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below procedure and check if you are able to add comment to the file.

• Right click on the files

• Select Properties

• Click on Details

• Move the cursor to comments tab and try typing the captions.
    Check if it allows you to type the comments.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 27, 2018
  3. imperialreign, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Can't check the properties of a file.

file saving with Windows 10

Hi Robert,

It is possible that the files on the separate hard drive is set as Read-only. We suggest that you see the steps below to check the file properties:

• Right-click on the file, then click on Properties.
    • Under Attributes: section, see if the Ready-only has a check mark, if yes uncheck it.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't check the properties of a file. - Similar Threads - Can't check properties

2. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  3. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  4. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  5. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  6. Can't find file system properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find file system properties: Hi, I am on windows 20H2. I can't find the "file system properties" described herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/disabling-the-write-behind-caching-setting-does-not-disable-all-write-behind-caching-on-the-system-78592eac-fab2-5043-296b-744e032a1cc4Is it just me or...
  7. Can't modify properties of certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't modify properties of certain files: Some files,when I modify the metadata (es. Images), sometimes it says "unable to modify metadata: file in use by COM Surrogate". The problem is that, COM Surrogate aka dllhost.exe is the same process that should modify the metadata, so if I turn down this process the whole...
  8. Can't open the Properties Window of any file or FolderRight Click -> Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open the Properties Window of any file or FolderRight Click -> Properties: The Properties window for any file or folder is not opening When I right click and select properties. I have also checked a previously posted article regarding the same but couldn't find any thing useful. Please help me out!!...
  9. Can't check properties for any of the network adapters and can't install any drivers for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't check properties for any of the network adapters and can't install any drivers for...: Problem #1: I have 3 Network adapters Ethernet, Wireless and Bluetooth All of them was working fine I have connection to Internet except When I right click on ANY of my network adapters and then on Properties, I am getting error "An unexpected error occurred": [ATTACH]...
  10. Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties changing check...

in Cortana
    Allow this file to have contents indexed in addition to file properties changing check...: I have been having issues with search since last fall. I have worked with several IT folks affiliated with Microsoft, but no one has fixed it. They just chose to turn off indexing. So this is what I found.... Following some online recommendations, I opened up the data...