Windows 10: Can't choose Defer update

Discus and support Can't choose Defer update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi community Due to error 0x80240fff in my windows 10 enterprise edition build 10240 I am not able to update. Most people advises to perform defer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ABHIJITDILIP, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Can't choose Defer update

Hi community

Due to error 0x80240fff in my windows 10 enterprise edition build 10240 I am not able to update.

Most people advises to perform defer update. But I cant choose it.

I am in great difficulty for more than a year with windows. I did all stuffs like renaming software distribution and catroot. Nothing worked.

I can't even update windows from build 10240 to 1909 using update assistant as during updating the updates stop at 39 or 89% and the screen goes black after sometime. I have waited for 8 to 9 hrs. Still nothing happened.

I need immediate advisers and solutions

I hope the community will help me.

Thank you

:)

ABHIJITDILIP, Apr 3, 2020

2. Deferring updates does not work.

It's "Defer feature updates" not defer updates. In older builds I think it said Defer upgrades? It doesn't stop regular Windows updates. Click the blue "Learn More"

Defer upgrades in Windows 10

• Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.

alphanumeric, Apr 3, 2020
  3. How to defer updates/upgrades on Windows 10?

Answer

I'm surprised that nobody in this discussion knows how to defer updates in Windows 10. I recently performed a clean install of Windows 10 in a VM and updated to the Anniversary Update before going back to Insider Preview.

The steps on how to defer updates for the
    Anniversary Update are:

Please refer to the following article:

Skat0r vista, Apr 3, 2020
  4. tcebob Win User

Can't choose Defer update

Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

Apparently, "defer" does not refer to postponing updates to a more convenient time. Microsoft's explanation:

• "Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn't affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available."
    I had it turned on and wondered why no update had been done for over a month. It finally happened in mid afternoon when I stepped away for a break, and l had to wait quite a while to get back to work.

The best you can do is set Active Hours, which will postpone updates until a better time of day. Active Hours is a maximum of 12 hours. I've set mine to 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Sleep mode won't stop it. But I don't think MS has a way to turn on your computer.

tcebob, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Can't choose Defer update

1. Can't choose Defer update - Similar Threads - Can't choose Defer

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. About deferring updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About deferring updates: Hey, I recently activated activated the "defer updates" feature but, I was wondering if I enable option 2 in automatic updates through group policy wich will only notify me. Will I download the latest updates regardless of the time range I set to defer the updates if I update...
  6. WUFB Deferred Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WUFB Deferred Updates: Hi I hope someone can help me, I have rolled out WUFB and as most companies we deferred the Updates in different Deployments Rings. Just so I know what will be installed on client devices is there a method to show all the Updates that will be installed on the local...
  7. Defer Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Windows Updates: What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro -- -- feature updates? -- quality updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defer-windows-updates/2f3fc815-d936-4d75-a3bb-b77513deb6f3
  8. Deferring Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring Updates: Hi guys, I apologise if this has been previously discussed but I couldn’t find clarity on the answer we require. We have recently upgraded to the latest creators fall feature update and unfortunately for us it pushed its self through with a restart when one of PCs was on...
  9. Reverse Defer Updates

Reverse Defer Updates: I have seen a lot of threads regarding the "Defer Updates" feature in Windows 10 Pro. After activating this feature by checking the Defer Update box, is there a way to to reverse "Defer Updates" and start receiving all updates again? 40652
  10. Defer updates

Defer updates: Something I just experienced and wondering about how or why it can be this way. I have had 10 on my machine for a month or more now. Just finished upgrading my wife's a couple of hours ago. Identical computers as far as make,model etc. Did a check for updates on mine just...