Windows 10: Can't choose drives to back up.

Discus and support Can't choose drives to back up. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello MS community! I have a question regarding backing up the computer files. So I want to create a system image on my external HDD. I got a "1Tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by casperKY, Mar 6, 2021.

1. casperKY Win User

Can't choose drives to back up.

Hello MS community!

I have a question regarding backing up the computer files. So I want to create a system image on my external HDD. I got a "1Tb Toshiba HDD" external drive. And my host machine running "Windows 10 Home 1909", and there I got C\D\E drives as well. When I try to back up, the below window appears to pick hard drive to back up:

Can't choose drives to back up. 34fe3333-06d0-4ee8-b0fc-a4952e7bc06a?upload=true.png

I just want to back up my C hard drive. Why I can't choose here? It doesn't have any checkboxes to choose between hard drives, and just automatically back up all drives [C\D\E].

And suppose if I decide to back up all drives [C\D\E] by this way, can I restore them as well if my computer crashes in the future? Because I was planning to back up the whole computer by creating a system image of a C drive in external HDD first, and then for D and E drive's content just drag and drop them to the external HDD.

Thnx for your attention.

:)

casperKY, Mar 6, 2021
  2. drdeathx Win User

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Mar 6, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Mar 6, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't choose drives to back up. - Similar Threads - Can't choose drives

2. Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.: Since both Gdrive and One Drive have limited storage - I am attempting to clean up both and move some of the storage needs onto my SAN at home. There's plenty of room on those Hard Drives.I can tell you that most items will not copy off One Drive - they all fail. If the files...
  3. Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files that are backed up to One Drive can't be copied back to the PC.: Since both Gdrive and One Drive have limited storage - I am attempting to clean up both and move some of the storage needs onto my SAN at home. There's plenty of room on those Hard Drives.I can tell you that most items will not copy off One Drive - they all fail. If the files...
  4. Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access drive after backing up EFI partition to it: Hello,I needed to do something that required backing up the EFI partition.so I assigned drive letter J to the Windows EFI partition using diskpart and copied with an elevated powershell the EFI folder to a folder named T-BU-9-6-22 on my E:\ drive.copy -Path "J:\EFI" -Dest...
  5. Backing up to an External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  6. Backing up to an External Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backing up to an External Drive: Now that Windows 10 and 11 won't do a good backup to an external drive, if you don't want to use any Cloud, does anyone have a good way to back up system, programs, and files to an external hard drive? I have both....
  7. One drive back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive back up: My one drive is not taking back up. It is giving me an option to sign in using my Microsoft credentials but it is not going any further when I click on that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up/2ecb43ee-af1d-4151-bc74-e821170eb4a1
  8. Back up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up drive: Hi, I bought a KESU-2518 external hard drive for the purpose of moving files from my MacBook pro to my new dell XPS 13 runs windows 10. It is supposed to be compatible with both mac and windows uses EXFAT format. I didn't have any problems moving files on to it from my mac....
  9. backing up to a thumb drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backing up to a thumb drive: i asked some time back about doing backup and some gave me different ways to do this. i picked karan's backup and i did a dozen or so backups testing that program. then i got a 2tb thumb drive off ebay and last night i formatted it and ran that backup sith that program and it...
  10. Can't Back Up System Files To The Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Back Up System Files To The Recovery Drive: I am attempting to create a Recovery Drive, using an external hard drive. On the screen "create a recovery drive", there is an option to "back up system files to the recovery drive". If I check that box, the next screen "please wait" with the green status bar runs forever,...