Windows 10: Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices

Discus and support Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, here is my situation. I have formated my desktop and now I can't choose if I want to use my speaker in the playback devices. The olny way I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabrielBraga4, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices

Hello, here is my situation.

I have formated my desktop and now I can't choose if I want to use my speaker in the playback devices. The olny way I can listen in my speaker, is unplugging my headphone.

Note that BOTH of them works.

I already uninstalled/installed all my drivers, uptade them and I still have this problem.

:)

GabrielBraga4, Oct 9, 2018

2. Headphones and Speakers not showing up in playback devices

Hi Jonathan,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please tell us if you made any significant hardware or software changes on your laptop prior to this issue. Also, can you provide us the steps you have already taken to
    try to resolve the issue? In the meantime, follow these steps on how you can enable your playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Sounds.
    • Under the Playback tab, right-click on the default speakers and select
      Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Your headphones or speakers should now appear here.
    • Right-click the headphones or speakers and select Enable.

Keep us updated with the results.

Aileen Alf, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows automatically choose the headphones as default playback device

Hello Ques,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows keeps reverting the changes and chooses Headphones as the default Playback device for audio output.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Do you have an external sound card device installed in your PC?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Did you try to check if reinstalling the drivers for the audio device helps to resolve the issue?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help link and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Follow the below steps as well and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Speaker icon in the Tray icons
      bottom right.
    • Select Playback devices. Select a device (headphones) and click
      properties.
    • Select Advance Tab. Disable Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    • Restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 9, 2018
  4. spriggs Win User

Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices

Playback devices

Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the headphones works exactly as it should but, oddly, the headphones no longer appear as an option in the playback menu. Any suggestion why?
    It has also been some considerable time since I was able to access the via hd console. Clicking on VIAAUD in Program Files has no effect whatsoever. Any views on this?

spriggs, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices

1. Can't choose my speaker in the playback devices - Similar Threads - Can't choose speaker

2. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  3. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker devices now showing in playback devices: I was re installing my pc, but it ended the speaker audio devices not showing its only showing Audio Digital HDMI because i use speaker so the sound isn't coming out, i already do troubleshoot, update, and uninstall the driver, but i still can't fix the problem....
  4. Speaker devices now showing in playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device: I've scoured countless existing articles on this subject and it seems like only a few people have had their problem resolved.I am using a Lenovo laptop with intel core i7; it's a fairly modern spec'd computer.Trying to connect to LG4550 external bluetooth speakersLaptop...
  6. Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device: I've scoured countless existing articles on this subject and it seems like only a few people have had their problem resolved.I am using a Lenovo laptop with intel core i7; it's a fairly modern spec'd computer.Trying to connect to LG4550 external bluetooth speakersLaptop...
  7. Bluetooth Speaker Not Detected as Playback Device

8. External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device

External Speakers Not Detected As Separated Playback Device: I'm having a problem where 1 of my laptop's internal speakers is broken and making static noises. The only way I found to make the noise disappear is by muting the speakers through the sound settings.So I thought if I'm using a pair of external speakers, I can just mute the...
  9. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...
  10. Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?

Playback Devices/Headphones and Speakers Auto Switching?: Is there a way to set speakers and headphones to switch back and forth automatically like Windows7 did? See also: plug my headphones in...headphones work. Unplug my headphones...speakers work...without having to right click the speaker and manually set what I'm using every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant choose speakers audio playback