Windows 10: Can't clean install windows

Discus and support Can't clean install windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the update windows asking me to install the update KB4538672 everyday as the precursor is due to expire in April I eventually let it update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RubyRoss2, Mar 15, 2020.

1. RubyRoss2 Win User

Can't clean install windows

After the update windows asking me to install the update KB4538672 everyday as the precursor is due to expire in April I eventually let it update. After the update it crashed my laptop every 10secs to 2mins, my laptop became unusable. After I talking to Microsoft help I was told the only thing I could do was to do a clean install of windows 10. I did this and so many things were missing and not working. I again got support from a microsoft member and he linked me to drivers to install to see if they would help shortly after my laptop completely stooped working. only the backlight come on when I turn my laptop on.there is no start up from windows or even he dell symbol does not show when turning it on. after many force resets I cant even get back to that blue screen where I have the option to clean install my laptop with a usb again. Can I please get a bit more help, am I allowed to take my laptop into a windows repairer at the cost of microsoft as I should not have to pay for windows updates breaking my laptop.

:)

RubyRoss2, Mar 15, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't clean install windows - Similar Threads - Can't clean install

2. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  3. Can't do clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't do clean install of Windows 11: My C drive a 500 Gig NVMe was down to less than 4 Gig left so I bought a 1 TB one. I tried cloning to the new one and that didn't go good, and somehow the old one got wiped too. Anyway, I decided to do a clean Windows 11 install, but get stuck. I made a Windows 11 install...
  4. Can't log in after clean windows install

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in after clean windows install: Hello,I used Windows update assistant to update my Windows 10 and the only option was to remove all existing apps, files, settings. I went with that option, everything seemed to be going well and now I have to sign in. It shows me to sign in as "Other user". I am the only one...
  5. Can't get clean install to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get clean install to update: I had to do a clean install on a laptop. I have the original disk which is Windows 10 Pro 1809. Installs perfectly but cannot connect to updates. I get "Error encountered. We'll continue to check daily for newer updates." Also, edge will not show anything on a web page. It...
  6. Can't reset or clean install windows

Can't reset or clean install windows: My dad's laptop has been having a lot of issues lately so I decided to reset it. But every time I try it stops with a "couldn't reset this PC" error. I've tried everything from system file checking to other CMD fixes but it still ended the same way. So I to install windows...
  7. Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

Can't update, reset, or install clean windows: Hello, I have a persisting issue: my computer is unable to update to the Windows 10, version 1909. Each time it starts by downloading the update in Windows Update, then installing, and then my computer requires restart. When I restart the computer, it says installing...
  8. Can't update or clean install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update or clean install windows 10: As the title says i cant update or clean install windows 10. At first i could not update my OS as files were corrupted. I then tired to use the clean installation tool to reinstall windows. This could not happen as 'this language or edition of windows currently installed on...
  9. Can't do clean install on SSD

Can't do clean install on SSD: I keep getting "We couldn't create a partition or find and existing one". i already made a partition with Diskpart and verified it exists. I disconnected the other hard drives and still get the error. Is there something I have to change in the BIOS? 128599
  10. Can't activate windows after clean install

Can't activate windows after clean install: I just did a 'clean' install of Win 10 Pro 64bit on to my old Win 7 Pro 64bit HDD so that I could migrate my wife's Win 10 Pro 32bit apps and programs over the the 64bit OS. First, I thought 'clean' meant also formatting the HDD because it didn't. I find all my old...