Windows 10: Can't clear Defender history

Discus and support Can't clear Defender history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I try to clear the history, a UAC prompt pops up, I click "Yes", and nothing happens. Is there a way to manually reset Defender? [img]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by djdelarosa25, May 16, 2017.

1. Can't clear Defender history

Whenever I try to clear the history, a UAC prompt pops up, I click "Yes", and nothing happens. Is there a way to manually reset Defender?

Can't clear Defender history [​IMG]

:)

djdelarosa25, May 16, 2017

2. Windows Defender will not scan

I get that same alarm code with a text msg that says Defender can't complete scan because some history "could not be displayed. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, clear the history and try again."

Why the heck should I have to clear and thus lose my history here? Why can't Defender read it as is?

This is annoying.

StephenTimberlake, May 16, 2017
  3. Cannot Clear Full History In Windows Defender

Sorry, I omitted the instruction line:

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin), and then copy, paste, and enter this command:

Set-MpPreference -DisablePrivacyMode $True

I had this same problem with clearing the Full History page in the Windows Defender Security Center app the other day, and I found that the History tab in the classic Defender UI had been properly cleared, and that turning off Privacy Mode didn’t help.
    But after another detection of the eicar test file, I was able to clear the Full History page.

GreginMich, May 16, 2017
Thema:

Can't clear Defender history

1. Can't clear Defender history - Similar Threads - Can't clear Defender

2. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  3. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  4. Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History: Hello I wonder if anyone can help I'm using Windows 10 Home & also use Windows Defender for protection For some reason I am unable to clear the protection history , I have entries going back as far as 1/8/2020. I have tried numerous ways to clear it , deleting scan...
  5. How to clear Defender Detection History persistent PUPs

How to clear Defender Detection History persistent PUPs: Split from this thread. how did you do it. i have been trying for weeks can you plz be vary detailed and explain it to me. I'm vary new to using a computer. this would truly make my day....
  6. How to clear Defender Detection History

How to clear Defender Detection History: Split from this thread. how did you do it. i have been trying for weeks can you plz be vary detailed and explain it to me. I'm vary new to using a computer. this would truly make my day....
  7. how can i clear windows defender history

how can i clear windows defender history: How can i clear windows defender history? it didnt have clear button and too long to see [IMG] Can somebody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clear-windows-defender-history/683e7d31-f378-4ac5-b131-7b05097c7b91"
  8. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  9. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  10. Can't clear Windows Defender history

Can't clear Windows Defender history: Hi, Windows defender found many viruses (false-positif that i'm sure) and I accepted them in Defender, but then i tried to clear history to be sure i'm note deleting theses 2 false-positif but it just won't clear.. Is that normal ? Am i the only one with this issue ? Using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear windows security protection history

2. windows defender clear history

3. clear windows security history

4. how to delete windows defender history,
  5. delete windows defender history,
  6. how to clear windows defender threat history,
  7. how to clean windows defender history win 10,
  8. clear windows defender history,
  9. how to clear windows defender history,
  10. clear protection history,
  11. cant clear history windows defender,
  12. delete quarantined files in defender windows home addition 10 when there is only protection history,
  13. can not ckear protection history windows defender in windows 10,
  14. how to delete protection history in defender,
  15. windows defender history wont clear