Windows 10: Can't clear item from timeline

Discus and support Can't clear item from timeline in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I played an mp3 file from external hard disk and then removed the hdd. Everytime I open the timeline , I see one mp3 file that I cannot delete.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arnab KumarMandal, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Can't clear item from timeline

I played an mp3 file from external hard disk and then removed the hdd. Everytime I open the timeline , I see one mp3 file that I cannot delete. Restarting the computer was of no help.. How can I fix this problem?

:)

Arnab KumarMandal, Sep 7, 2021
  2. Vivian_S Win User

Unable to clear all Task View items

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that not all the Task View history is cleared from the Timeline in your Windows 10 computer.

Ideally, when you use the option to clear Activity History, this would clear all the viewing history from the timeline. However, we can check a few settings and see if you are able to clear the Task View timeline.

I would suggest you to check
    Manage activity history settings
    and see if you are able to clear the Timeline.
    Please make sure to read the “Notes” section before making the changes.

If you want to clear the entire Activity History from your device, you can you can clear and delete both the activity history stored on your device and sent to the Microsoft cloud. Select
    Start, then select
    Settings>
    Privacy>
    Activity history. Under
    Clear activity history, select
    Clear.

If you still see the items in the timeline, you can try the manual steps:

• Press Windows + E key to open
      File
      Explorer.
    • Browse to C:\Users<Your User Name>\AppData\Local\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\
    • Search for the file ActivitiesCache.db.
    • Right
      click on Taskbar and open Task
      Manager.
    • Go to Services tab and look for the service
      CPDUserSvc_XXXXXX <XXXXX is a random number>
    • Right click on the CPDUserSvc_XXXXXX
      and select Stop.
    • Now go to ActivitiesCache.db and rename the file to
      ActivitiesCache.db.old. Delete the rest of the file in the folder.
      Do not delete the folder.
    • Restart the computer and check if the items are still in the Task View Timeline.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Timeline keeps vanishing

Hello Janae, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

You can use Cortana to review your activities history – the feature Timeline offers.

To troubleshoot your problem with Timeline I recommend that you clear the Activity History. To do it, follow the steps below:

Click on ‘Windows key + I’ and open Settings

Go to Privacy - Activity history

Press ‘Clear’ under ‘Clear activity history’

Press ‘Manage my Microsoft Account activity data’

Sign in using your Microsoft account if it is asked

Press ‘Activity history’

You will see your previous activities under ‘Activity history’

You will see an option ‘Clear activity’ on the right top of the activities list

Be notified, if you clear the app and service usage data, you will never recover or restore them. Do, be careful and read the terms.

Restart your system.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Judesman Win User

Can't clear item from timeline

Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear" box is missing from Settings/Privacy/Activity History/Clear. Any help please? Win 10 V. 1909.

Judesman, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

Can't clear item from timeline

1. Can't clear item from timeline - Similar Threads - Can't clear item

2. My timeline won't entirely clear, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My timeline won't entirely clear, why?: My timeline won't entirely clear, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-timeline-wont-entirely-clear-why/00b7ccca-aeae-470b-a2f7-34effc9c0192
  3. My timeline won't entirely clear, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My timeline won't entirely clear, why?: My timeline won't entirely clear, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-timeline-wont-entirely-clear-why/00b7ccca-aeae-470b-a2f7-34effc9c0192
  4. My timeline won't entirely clear, why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Clearing Timeline Doesn't Appear in Windows 10 Home 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clearing Timeline Doesn't Appear in Windows 10 Home 2004: I Want To Clear My Windows Timeline. Previously I used to Get a Clear Button, but now its Not There. Please Provide me A Solution to This. [ATTACH] Below, here you can see Clear Activity History has no Button...
  6. Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Clear Activities in Timeline in Task View: I am trying to clear the activities from my Timeline in Task View. If I click on remove for one item or all for a specific dates some activities are removed and others remain in a silhouette/transparent form and then I simply cannot remove them. I also see that the "Clear"...
  7. Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clear timeline activity history - not working . . .: Some activities are grayed-out and won't clear. What does it even mean for an activity to be grayed-out? Some activities are NOT grayed-out but still won't clear. While on the subject, I want to request finer control over WHAT appears on the time-line. If I have marked a...
  8. Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to clear timeline activity history - Windows 10: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  9. Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 How to Clear Activities from Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your...
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606