Windows 10: Can't clear Windows Defender history

Discus and support Can't clear Windows Defender history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Windows defender found many viruses (false-positif that i'm sure) and I accepted them in Defender, but then i tried to clear history to be sure i'm... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tlf55, May 10, 2017.

1. tlf55 Win User

Can't clear Windows Defender history

Hi, Windows defender found many viruses (false-positif that i'm sure) and I accepted them in Defender, but then i tried to clear history to be sure i'm note deleting theses 2 false-positif but it just won't clear.. Is that normal ? Am i the only one with this issue ?

Using Windows 10 Pro 64Bits on CU update (15063.296)

Sorry for the attachments my windows is in turkish but i'm trying to showing that it's still there

:)

tlf55, May 10, 2017

2. Windows Defender will not scan

I get that same alarm code with a text msg that says Defender can't complete scan because some history "could not be displayed. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, clear the history and try again."

Why the heck should I have to clear and thus lose my history here? Why can't Defender read it as is?

This is annoying.

StephenTimberlake, May 10, 2017
  3. Bree New Member

To clear history you have to click Yes on the UAC prompt. You have apparently set UAC to 'Never notify' so don't get the UAC prompt. Without a UAC prompt Defender won't clear the history (I've tested it). Turn your UAC back on and you will be able to clear the history.

As you obviously have UAC turned off, are you really sure these are false positives? With no UAC you are at high risk of picking up some nasty things! For your own protection, turn UAC on and leave it on.

4. tlf55 Win User
    Actually i have UAC enabled so it's not that but after 2 reboot of the computer i finally managed to clear the history, i still don't know why it didn't clear the first time cause i didn't do anything between these reboot..

Thanks for the help anyway *Smile

tlf55, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't clear Windows Defender history - Similar Threads - Can't clear Defender

2. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  3. Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear Microsoft Defender Protection History: How can I clear Microsoft defender protection history?I'm running Windows 11 version 22H2 os-build 22623.1037 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-microsoft-defender-protection-history/ca2e4b89-5656-4576-9c2d-5636152c1a92
  4. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  5. Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't Clear Protection History In Windows Security: While Real-Time protection was off I have went to1, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service and deleted everything in that everything in the service folder2. Clear the Microsoft Defender Protection History Using the Event Viewer. Setting to to clear...
  6. Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History

Unable to clear Windows Defender Protection History: Hello I wonder if anyone can help I'm using Windows 10 Home & also use Windows Defender for protection For some reason I am unable to clear the protection history , I have entries going back as far as 1/8/2020. I have tried numerous ways to clear it , deleting scan...
  7. How to clear Defender Detection History

How to clear Defender Detection History: Split from this thread. how did you do it. i have been trying for weeks can you plz be vary detailed and explain it to me. I'm vary new to using a computer. this would truly make my day....
  8. how can i clear windows defender history

how can i clear windows defender history: How can i clear windows defender history? it didnt have clear button and too long to see [IMG] Can somebody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-clear-windows-defender-history/683e7d31-f378-4ac5-b131-7b05097c7b91"
  9. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  10. Can't clear Defender history

Can't clear Defender history: Whenever I try to clear the history, a UAC prompt pops up, I click "Yes", and nothing happens. Is there a way to manually reset Defender? [img] 84624

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant clear windows defender history

2. windows defender history wont clear

3. clear history protection in Windows defender

4. how to clear windows defender history,
  5. windows defender wont clear history,
  6. CLEAR HISTORY WINDOWS DEFENDER,
  7. cant clear history windows defender,
  8. clear windows security protection,
  9. cant clear windows defender security history,
  10. clear windows 10 Security history,
  11. windows defender history clear,