Windows 10: Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

Discus and support Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SallyWag, Dec 9, 2023.

1. SallyWag Win User

Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon.

:)

SallyWag, Dec 9, 2023

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Dec 9, 2023
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens. - Similar Threads - Can't click icons

2. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  3. Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click any icons in Windows. Nothing happens.: I can log into Windows 10 and it all looks fine but none of the icons respond. Not even shut down. This happened on Thursday then it suddenly was OK yesterday morning after around a dozen reboots. But then the problem came back yesterday afternoon....
  4. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i click on start windows icon nothing happens: I cannot get to windows settings, is there away to reload windows 10I bought this computer from Walmart and it didnt come with a windows 10 diskAny help would be great...
  5. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

When i click on start windows icon nothing happens: I cannot get to windows settings, is there away to reload windows 10I bought this computer from Walmart and it didnt come with a windows 10 diskAny help would be great...
  6. When i click on start windows icon nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't open Windows security. After I click on this, nothing happen. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open Windows security. After I click on this, nothing happen. Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tavibobe99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/miigvg/cant_open_windows_security_after_i_click_on_this/
  8. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  9. Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nothing happens after clicking the “Activate by phone” icon: Why does nothing happen when I click the Activate by phone icon in Windows 10? If I go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation and then click on the link toActivate by phone, nothing happens. Also, if I try to activate Windows 10 by opening a command prompt and...
  10. Clicking on Windows Store shortcut and nothing happens.....

Clicking on Windows Store shortcut and nothing happens.....: Here we go again, I had this problem in Windows 8 as well. This is a fresh install and it shouldn't be happening. I am using a local account - is that the problem? Could it be something else? 56440