Windows 10: Can't click anything on desktop(20H2)

Discus and support Can't click anything on desktop(20H2) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Cant click anything on the desktop, start menu works if I press the windows key on the keyboard. Mouse is useless on the desktop, cant click on taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WW3-Spectator, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Can't click anything on desktop(20H2)

Cant click anything on the desktop, start menu works if I press the windows key on the keyboard. Mouse is useless on the desktop, cant click on taskbar icons as well.(Left and right click both do not work) I can launch applications in the start menu with the mouse and then use the application in the mouse. Other applications do not work with mouse if I alt+tab.

Can I roll back to the older version or is there any other fix? Please do let me know.

submitted by /u/WW3-Spectator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WW3-Spectator, Oct 25, 2020
  2. CadErik Win User

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Oct 25, 2020
  3. CadErik Win User
    20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Oct 25, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't click anything on desktop(20H2)

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't click anything on desktop(20H2) :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't click anything on desktop(20H2)

1. Can't click anything on desktop(20H2) - Similar Threads - Can't click anything

2. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  3. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  4. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  6. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  7. Can't click on the anything in the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on the anything in the desktop: Was working just an hr ago after I did a refresh and somehow while I was installing my games. The desktop stopped working. I went into the event file and saw this. Any help please. Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 1/23/2021...
  8. Can't click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything: Randomly, I am not able to click on anything. I can move mouse just fine, but can't click on any task buttons. They don't even highlight when I hover over them. I am able to click on apps on the desktop though (the shortcuts). If I restart 4 times, smetimes the problem goes...
  9. Can't left click on anything on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't left click on anything on the desktop: Hi all. My windows 10 seems to "locked". I am able to sign in then when I get to the desktop, I am unable to open any program. The system recently updated. I cannot figure out what is happening. Thank you in advance....
  10. Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?: Greetings! So I have been having this PC problem for perhaps a week or so now? One time when I awoke from sleep, when I logged in today, and then sometimes when I am using my PC. So what happens is, randomly I cannot click on any desktop icons(left click and right click...