Windows 10: Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep

Discus and support Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I cannot click on my desktop after resuming from hibernate/sleep and its kind of rude and annoying. After which I have to press ctrl+alt+del and bring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jay Datura, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep

I cannot click on my desktop after resuming from hibernate/sleep and its kind of rude and annoying. After which I have to press ctrl+alt+del and bring Task Manager and I restarting my Windows Explorer through keyboard. I experience this issue from the time I updated from 20H1. So I did reformat my laptop assuming that the issue will disappear but same thing happened. Anybody knows a solution to this. Thanks in advance.

:)

Jay Datura, Feb 16, 2021

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I beg to differ. Hibernation is for whatever situation hibernation is needed for, be it on a desktop or a laptop. For instance, desktop users who suffer from frequent blackouts would rather opt for hibernation instead of sleeping.

AFAIK, Sleep and Hibernate functions don't alter critical system files, so I don't think any permanent damage should occur. Worst I've seen are devices failing to wakeup properly, and that's easily fixed with a simple restart (or, in some cases, unpluging and repluging the device or restarting related services.)

Shihabyooo, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep

1. Cant click anything on desktop after hibernate/sleep - Similar Threads - Cant click anything

2. why cant i click on anything on my desktop after signing into my windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i click on anything on my desktop after signing into my windows.: my mouse and keyboard both work fine on other pc which has windows 10. running windows 11 pro on built pc all components 3 months old12th gen i-7 3.7 processer. 16 gig coercer vengeance ram, , asus strix 8760-r gaming wifi d4 samsung 970 nvme c drive i can not even click on...
  3. why cant i click on anything on my desktop after signing into my windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i click on anything on my desktop after signing into my windows.: my mouse and keyboard both work fine on other pc which has windows 10. running windows 11 pro on built pc all components 3 months old12th gen i-7 3.7 processer. 16 gig coercer vengeance ram, , asus strix 8760-r gaming wifi d4 samsung 970 nvme c drive i can not even click on...
  4. Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after sleep and hibernate: I have the same problem as this in the form: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/842fe617-17a5-4336-8708-8ca4c6c2ce7fThe solution didn't work on my laptop. I tried every common solutions like sfc scan, updating...
  5. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  6. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  7. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't click on the anything in the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click on the anything in the desktop: Was working just an hr ago after I did a refresh and somehow while I was installing my games. The desktop stopped working. I went into the event file and saw this. Any help please. Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 1/23/2021...
  9. Cant click anything on taskbar or desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant click anything on taskbar or desktop: I cant click anything on taskbar or desktop. I cant click on anything in my windows menu, and if i open task manager i cant interact with it all. The only thing i can use is google chrome....
  10. Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?: Greetings! So I have been having this PC problem for perhaps a week or so now? One time when I awoke from sleep, when I logged in today, and then sometimes when I am using my PC. So what happens is, randomly I cannot click on any desktop icons(left click and right click...