Windows 10: Can't click anything on my PC sometimes

Discus and support Can't click anything on my PC sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Almost every time I use my computer I have a really annoying bug to deal with and no one seems to have exactly the same problem that I have. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Black Vanguard, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Can't click anything on my PC sometimes

Almost every time I use my computer I have a really annoying bug to deal with and no one seems to have exactly the same problem that I have.

- Sometimes (randomly) I can't click icons (even the start button) on the task bar. Hover animations does not work either.

- Sometimes (randomly) I can't click things on my whole screen. Hover animations don't work either.

After I pressed CTRL + ALT + DEL and then wait for 2-3 seconds I can click cancel again and everything works fine again, but it is very annoying.

What is the problem here and how can I fix this?

Info:

- Windows 10 Pro *formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows* (freshly re-installed and still did NOT fix the problem/issue)

- My mouse is not the problem (tried other mice and still have this issue)

- Keyboard input WORKS when this "bug is active"... (for example the Windows Key)

- Performed a System File Checker (SFC) scan and nothing fixed the issue (there was no corrupted files found by the scan and the scan was successful)

-Ran DISM commands still nothing that helped

-Restarted countless times my PC and tried to change some BIOS settings still nothing

-Tried to do many windows/drivers (both for mouse and keyboard) re installation, driver updates, etc etc... Still nothing...

-Tried multiple different USB Hubs for my mouse and keyboard and still doesn't help

-Went to device manager to try to reinstall/update my mouse drivers and peripherals... Nothing...

Problem is currently still persisting and is extremely annoying because it will happen a lot just randomly on & off and will restart working back as if nothing happened

P.-S.: This is a re-post from a 2016 post since all and every solution proposed all failed to work on my hand... The mouse STILL works while the bug is occurring.. I can still move the mouse around the screen normally and as I mentioned, the keyboard works fine also as the bug is occurring. It's just impossible to click anything while it's happening.. Sometimes a part of the screen will work when the other won't, like for example; I can click my pinned apps on my task bar while I cannot click on anything else out of that task bar (all apps opened like Google Chrome window or even the apps on my desktop background)

:)

Black Vanguard, Oct 4, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 4, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't click anything on my PC sometimes :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 4, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't click anything on my PC sometimes

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Can't click anything on my PC sometimes

1. Can't click anything on my PC sometimes - Similar Threads - Can't click anything

2. Windows 11, Can't click on anything on my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Can't click on anything on my pc.: Hello!Since two days my laptop has been having issues, yesterday it was only one game that didn't wanted to open. Today however, I cannot click on anything. It will work for a few minutes after I start it up, but then after that it stops working. I cannot open anything,...
  3. Windows 11, Can't click on anything on my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Can't click on anything on my pc.: Hello!Since two days my laptop has been having issues, yesterday it was only one game that didn't wanted to open. Today however, I cannot click on anything. It will work for a few minutes after I start it up, but then after that it stops working. I cannot open anything,...
  4. Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.: This is an HP laptop.Platform: Windows 10GPU: GTX 1050 Ti NotebooksProcessor: Intel Core i5-3800H @ 2.30 GHzRam: 16GB 2667MHzMy friend needed some help regarding their laptop. At any random point when using their laptop, for some reason, the taskbar and the desktop cannot be...
  5. Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.

Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.: This is an HP laptop.Platform: Windows 10GPU: GTX 1050 Ti NotebooksProcessor: Intel Core i5-3800H @ 2.30 GHzRam: 16GB 2667MHzMy friend needed some help regarding their laptop. At any random point when using their laptop, for some reason, the taskbar and the desktop cannot be...
  6. Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar: I've already tried every methods I found on internet but it still happenOnly when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait for 2s later it's normal again for a whileI also reinstalled windows but still can't workPlease help me...
  8. Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar: I've already tried every methods I found on internet but it still happenOnly when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait for 2s later it's normal again for a whileI also reinstalled windows but still can't workPlease help me...
  9. Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar

10. Can't click sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click sometimes: I've started having a problem in the past couple of days where I'll be working just fine and all of the sudden I can no longer click on things. What's odd though is I can still double click to open folders on the Desktop, but once they're open I can't do anything with them. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hover animations work but cant click anything

2. clicking on anything does not work

3. i cant click anything on my pc

4. cant click on anything pc