Windows 10: Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

Discus and support Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Aside from the very top right of the screen typically where the exit button is on web pages, I am unable to right or left click. Things in web browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TSmith2410, May 10, 2020.

1. Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

Aside from the very top right of the screen typically where the exit button is on web pages, I am unable to right or left click. Things in web browsers such as the minimize window button are unavailable to click on. This happens in every program, whether it is a game, web browser, or just my desktop screen. Does anyone know of potential causes for this problem and/or fixes? My mouse and GPU drivers are up to date.

:)

TSmith2410, May 10, 2020

2. Cannot click on small top left portion of screen

Hi,

To help you with your concern about not being able to click on small top left portion of your computer screen, kindly answer the following questions:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • Do you see an unfamiliar application in the Task Manager running in the background?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your answer to these inquiries.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 10, 2020
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    Right portion of screen non-responsive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that mouse events are not recorded on a portion of your computer screen. We will certainly look into this for you.

Usually, this issue could occur due to a non-displayed notification that blocks the mouse clicks in certain portion of the screen. For better clarity, please let us know:

1) What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?

2) Do you have any antivirus program installed?

Meanwhile, lLet us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Windows Updates.

Make sure
    Windows is up to date
    with the latest updates.

Method 2: Uninstall and Re-install Display and Mouse drivers.

I would suggest you to uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager and re-install it from manufacturer website.

1. Press Windows + R key to open
    Run window.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In Device
    Manager, expand Display Adapters.

4. Right click on the display driver and select
    Uninstall

5. Check the box that says
    Delete the driver software
    for this device. Click on OK.

Download and re-install the drivers for your computer from

Lenovo Support website

Method 3: Create a local account.

To make sure the issue is not user account related, you can create a new local account and check if you are able to use mouse events throughout the screen.

1. Select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts
      and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
    2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select
      Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select
    Next.

Login to the local account and check if you face the same issue.

There are instances where certain antivirus programs also caused similar issues. However, please perform the above steps and let us know the results.

We will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, May 10, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

1. Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen - Similar Threads - Can't Click Top

2. I can't click on the bottom right portion of the screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click on the bottom right portion of the screen.: This problem first showed up about monday last week, and it seems to be sensing when i click, it just doesn't, well, click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-click-on-the-bottom-right-portion-of-the/58689551-b698-4f02-a607-10d4e98ec35b
  3. I can't click on the bottom right portion of the screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click on the bottom right portion of the screen.: This problem first showed up about monday last week, and it seems to be sensing when i click, it just doesn't, well, click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-click-on-the-bottom-right-portion-of-the/58689551-b698-4f02-a607-10d4e98ec35b
  4. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  5. Can't click the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click the right side of the screen: After the last update for windows 11, I struggle with the problem that I can't interact with 1/4 of my screen from top to bottom. I can't click on anything on the right side. If I want to close a window, I have to drag it to the left first just so I can click on the x.Is...
  6. right click onempty portion of desktop does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click onempty portion of desktop does not work: A right click of the mouse on an empty portion of the desktop used to bring up a menu of some 7 or perhaps 8 actions that could be performed including rearrange icons, change display resolution, and others. Now, with my reinstalled Windows 10 OS that no longer works. Now if I...
  7. Cant Click in Top Right of Screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Click in Top Right of Screen?: I built a new PC with Windows 10 last week, and the past few days I have noticed I can't click in a small corner of the screen (top right). No clicks register, whether it's in a game or watching a video. I have seen people say Slack causes this issue but I do not have Slack....
  8. Can't click the right side of my screen

Can't click the right side of my screen: !/4 of my screen on the right side is un-clickable except for an area at the bottom of the un-clickable area. I was wondering if someone could support me with fixing this problem submitted by /u/ENKitty [link] [comments]...
  9. Can't click on icons and right click

Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  10. Right portion of screen non-responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right portion of screen non-responsive: Running Win 10 with latest updates Lenovo ideacentre AIO Y910-27ISH Desktop Approximately 1/6 of the screen, on the right hand side, is suddenly unresponsive, although displaying properly. The cursor can still travel there, and windows/programs can occupy that space,...