Windows 10: Can’t click on anything after turning computer on, but closing the laptop lid and opening...

Discus and support Can’t click on anything after turning computer on, but closing the laptop lid and opening... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turn my computer on I can’t click on anything except for during the first few minutes, then if I click on something I can only click within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by turtlefr0g, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Can’t click on anything after turning computer on, but closing the laptop lid and opening...

When I turn my computer on I can’t click on anything except for during the first few minutes, then if I click on something I can only click within the window that creates, and if I don’t click on anything I can only click on desktop icons or the taskbar, and when I double-click on an icon when it lets me click on the desktop it opens a window but I can’t click within it. However, if I close and open the laptop sometimes it’ll begin working like normal but it’s not guaranteed, so I’ll end up opening and closing my computer and shutting it off over and over again until it works again. It’s annoying that my laptop’s performance is weakened since I don’t turn it off so it’ll stay working and it can’t cool down, and I’m worried it may shorten my computer’s lifespan. If anyone can help me out I’d very much appreciate it.

:)

turtlefr0g, Jan 19, 2021
  2. jsmith613 Win User

Close laptop lid - external monitor

Yep. The computer remained and I could use the external monitor. But all windows on the laptop screen moved over. Currently when the lid is closed, the windows remain on the laptop screen which is then "off"

jsmith613, Jan 19, 2021
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Ruz San Win User

Can’t click on anything after turning computer on, but closing the laptop lid and opening...

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Can’t click on anything after turning computer on, but closing the laptop lid and opening...

1. Can’t click on anything after turning computer on, but closing the laptop lid and opening... - Similar Threads - Can’t click anything

2. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  3. Turn off laptop display on lid close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off laptop display on lid close: I want my laptop display to turn off when I close the lid with the power connected. This has always been the default, but with Win 11, I cannot find a way to enable this behavior. There is no option in the power settings to turn off the display; only Do Nothing, Hibernate,...
  4. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  5. hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed

hdmi turns off laptop if lid is closed: i already tried different tv and hdmi cable, also reinstalled nvidia etc... soo basically i can't use it unless the lid is open, without hdmi, it works, but as soon as i plug it in and close that lid, it turns off after 1 minute, yes i already edited "choose what lid does...
  6. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  7. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  8. turning on laptop with lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    turning on laptop with lid closed: I have an HP Spectre and use to two 4k monitors. How can I turn the laptop on without opening the lid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turning-on-laptop-with-lid-closed/f5b9171f-8310-4a33-93b0-2f1403b1d2fa
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...