Windows 10: Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

Discus and support Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Annie23, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Annie23 Win User

Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again.
    Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light up...I can't even click on them. Very confused atm.

:)

Annie23, Mar 13, 2018

2. Taskbar not working

Recently my taskbar stopped working. I can't left click on the start menu, and when i click settings its just a blank screen that shows up, and i can't right click on anything in the taskbar. The most anoying thing is that, when i see a video on Youtube,
    the taskbar won't go away.

HELP

SebastianErdland, Mar 13, 2018
  3. can't click on anything in start menu

I've found a workaround and it might give you a clue according to the problem.

Signing out then signing in to the current user enables the mouse to click on everything perfectly. Plugging out and plugging in the mouse or restarting the pc replicates the issue.

Hope it helps to find a permanent solution.

TolgaG�lsuna, Mar 13, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have System Restore enabled? If so, and if your PC responds to the keyboard, try
    Windows key + R
    and in the box type
    rstrui

You should see a dialogue appear related to System Restore.
    If you have a restore point created before this started to happen, you could try using it.

If Windows key + R does nothing, then you can also try booting your PC from a Win 10 installation medium, click 'Repair your computer' and so navigate to System Restore and try from there.

Otherwise this has helped with similar symptoms:
    FIX - Windows 10 Taskbar Not Functioning - Microsoft Community

dalchina, Mar 13, 2018
  5. bro67 Win User
    Remove Mouse/Touchpad Driver/Hardware, reboot and let the OS install default.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't click anything

2. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  3. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  4. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  5. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  6. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't right click anything in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  8. I can't click on anything in the start menu

I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  9. Cant click on taskbar/start menu

Cant click on taskbar/start menu: I cannot click on my taskbar, no right click either. I can click on my desktop icons and open them, but then i cant click on anything in the folders. Sometimes it swaps, like i can click on taskbar but not desktop. My mouse also sometimes randomly does a middlemouse button...
  10. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cant click on anything

2. task bar flashing and wont let me click on anything

3. cant open anything on taskbar

4. i cant click on anything on my taskbar,
  5. cant click on anything in taskbar,
  6. cant click taskbar,
  7. windows mouse cant click on the taskbar,
  8. cant click taskbar on 2nd location,
  9. i cant click on search on the taskbar,
  10. i cant click anything in starup,
  11. cant click on taskbar,