Windows 10: Can't click on anything on the taskbar or access settings after adding new local account

Discus and support Can't click on anything on the taskbar or access settings after adding new local account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I added a new local account onto my PC but when I access the account I cannot click on anything on the taskbar or access the settings at all. Any help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rinkuxu, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Can't click on anything on the taskbar or access settings after adding new local account

I added a new local account onto my PC but when I access the account I cannot click on anything on the taskbar or access the settings at all. Any help?

submitted by /u/rinkuxu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rinkuxu, Mar 26, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 26, 2021
  4. angus Win User

Can't click on anything on the taskbar or access settings after adding new local account

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't click on anything on the taskbar or access settings after adding new local account

1. Can't click on anything on the taskbar or access settings after adding new local account - Similar Threads - Can't click anything

2. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  3. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  4. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  5. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  6. Can't right click anything in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  7. Can't access Desktop of Local Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access Desktop of Local Account: When I log into my main account on Windows 10, I'm greeted with a black blank screen. It looks like the account's been reset. None of my programs are on the task bar, and an error message appears. The message stays up for like a second, then it and the task bar disappear,...
  8. Can't access to new local user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  9. locked in "local administrator" account, can't access anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked in "local administrator" account, can't access anything: Someone fixed my laptop screen that was disconnected then tried to keep the laptop. When I finally got it back, they had changed the user accounts and password on windows. I was somehow able to log into an administrator account (with the password for my original user/admin...
  10. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...