Windows 10: Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC

Discus and support Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Sometimes a few unexpected issues happen to our Windows 11/10 PC. We cannot exactly find the reason behind them. Some issues that happen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 9, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC

Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC Mouse-not-working-on-Desktop.png
    Sometimes a few unexpected issues happen to our Windows 11/10 PC. We cannot exactly find the reason behind them. Some issues that happen with the mouse are such issues. Many users are complaining that they cannot click on Desktop and the mouse click works only on Taskbar. In this guide, we have a few fixes […]

This article Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 9, 2021
  2. PPaul13 Win User

Left click on mouse not working on desktop but works on taskbar

Hello,

The left click on my mouse is not working on the desktop, but is working on the taskbar. I've tried changing the mouse, with no change. When I login through TeamViewer, the left click DOES work. I am totally stumped, and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop

PPaul13, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Can’t click on Desktop; Mouse click only works on Taskbar in Windows PC - Similar Threads - Can’t click Desktop

2. Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen: Hello,I have a PC where mouse clicks do not work on the login screen. The mouse pointer is there, it moves, and the things I move it over react to it background color. When I click the mouse, however, nothing happens. This affects everything on the login screen, such as the...
  3. Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen: Hello,I have a PC where mouse clicks do not work on the login screen. The mouse pointer is there, it moves, and the things I move it over react to it background color. When I click the mouse, however, nothing happens. This affects everything on the login screen, such as the...
  4. Mouse click only click! does not work on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  6. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...: After alt-tabbing in a video gamevalorant, I found myself not being able to click anything to the application I tabbed to.in this case it was google chrome I could switch tabs through my taskbar, but couldn’t click anything on the tab. I shut down my computer and re-opened...
  7. Cannot click taskbar but can click current window, or can’t click taskbar, but can click...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Left-click on desktop mouse not working

Left-click on desktop mouse not working: The left-click on my desktop Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Right click will open a browser but left click will not access anything on the page. Unable to open Windows Live Mail because of this also. Thanks in advance for any advice. My apologies for clicking any of the...
  9. Can only click on taskbar or desktop

Can only click on taskbar or desktop: I recently began having this strange issue where my computer will alternate between only allowing me to click on items in the task bar and items in the desktop but never both. Ive checked on other computers and my mouse is working fine is there any way to fix this?...
  10. Taskbar can’t right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar can’t right click: I cant right click on my taskbar open speakers wifi or notifacation center how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-cant-right-click/831d39e3-4554-469b-9561-b7fa01a823b9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows can only click taskbar

2. mouse cant click on taskbar

3. win10 window cannot click