Windows 10: Can't click on Links in Chrome

Discus and support Can't click on Links in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ok so, i'm trying to login with my Cable Company's username/password so I can watch full episodes of shows on the ID Channel. Well, I can't click on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Can't click on Links in Chrome

Ok so, i'm trying to login with my Cable Company's username/password so I can watch full episodes of shows on the ID Channel. Well, I can't click on any links at the top (the one's that are in red). Doing so in Edge, works just fine. . Anyone know what the problem could be, or would it be easier just to uninstall Chrome and reinstall?

Can't click on Links in Chrome [​IMG]

:)

vgkfan83, Jul 29, 2018

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Can't click on Links in Chrome

Chrome Crashing & Video won't play

Hi Jone,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through browser, try updating Add on in Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't click on Links in Chrome

1. Can't click on Links in Chrome - Similar Threads - Can't click Links

2. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  3. Links in windows not opening in chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links in windows not opening in chrome: Chrome is up to date Version 120.0.6099.130 Official Build 64-bitOS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045If I click on a link in windows, like a saved browser shortcut in a folder it will not open in Chrome, if I change my default browser app to Firefox...
  4. Is this the same link as chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this the same link as chrome?: https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=VDKB&ds_kid=43700034632748952&&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1605158%20%7C%20Chrome%20Win11%20%7C%20DR%20%7C%20ESS01%20%7C%20APAC%20%7C%20APAC%20%7C%20en%20%7C%20Desk%20%7C%20SEM%20%7C%20BKWS%20-%20EXA%20%7C%20Txt%20%7C%20Bing...
  5. Is this the same link as chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this the same link as chrome?: https://www.google.com/chrome/?brand=VDKB&ds_kid=43700034632748952&&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1605158%20%7C%20Chrome%20Win11%20%7C%20DR%20%7C%20ESS01%20%7C%20APAC%20%7C%20APAC%20%7C%20en%20%7C%20Desk%20%7C%20SEM%20%7C%20BKWS%20-%20EXA%20%7C%20Txt%20%7C%20Bing...
  6. Linked files including Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linked files including Chrome: I have two files and Chrome that have become linked to Wordpad and their icons have changed to Wordpad. How can I unlink them and get back to the original files? Thank you....
  7. Linked files including Chrome

Linked files including Chrome: I have two files and Chrome that have become linked to Wordpad and their icons have changed to Wordpad. How can I unlink them and get back to the original files? Thank you....
  8. Unable to click on links on Google Chrome using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to click on links on Google Chrome using Windows 10: I am unable to click on links on Google Chrome unless I refresh the page. I have not made any changes to my PC lately that might prompt this issue. I ran a security check on Google Chrome which also told me it is up to date. When I refresh the page, I am able to click on the...
  9. Can't click links in Windows 10 Calendar app.

Can't click links in Windows 10 Calendar app.: I like the calendar app in windows ten except for one thing: I can't click any of the links for meeting invites, etc. This is pretty inconvenient in the world of COVID when all my meetings are online. Is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Opens Two Tabs When Link Is Clicked: about a week ago i notice that when i click a link that should open in a new tab 2 of the same tabs open. honestly i wouldn't begin to know what's causing this behavior. 97302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome cant click on links

2. cant click in chrome window

3. cannot click on links in chrome

4. cant click links on chrome,
  5. cannot click in chrome,
  6. cant click on links,
  7. cant click on links in chrome