Windows 10: Can't click on some desktop icons

Discus and support Can't click on some desktop icons in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MatthewAlford, May 9, 2022.

1. Can't click on some desktop icons

All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon from the left to the right, as soon as I get into that far right area on the screen I get this:Everything to the right of this I can't click on. If I have a tab open and it is full screen I can't click close tab x or minimize -. I can change the screen size and then move to my other monitor - where everything works.If I switch my main to #1 I have the exact same issues. I can open any of these programs via start or search - I just can't c

:)

MatthewAlford, May 9, 2022

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 9, 2022
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 9, 2022
  4. Can't click on some desktop icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Can't click on some desktop icons

1. Can't click on some desktop icons - Similar Threads - Can't click desktop

2. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  3. Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click icons or move icons on my desktop.: I'm appreciated if somebody can help me to fix the problem. Sometimes after using my laptop for a while, I can't move or click open the icons on my desktop, except the very left two columns. When I tried to drag icons from the left two columns to the right part of the screen,...
  4. Some desktop icons that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons that I can't remove: Hello,I just got a new windows 11 laptop and after setting it up for the first time, the downloads, home, documents, desktop, music, videos and pictures desktop icons appeared and I can't remove them for some reason.And when I go the the properties of any one of them the...
  5. Some desktop icons that I can't remove

Some desktop icons that I can't remove: Hello,I just got a new windows 11 laptop and after setting it up for the first time, the downloads, home, documents, desktop, music, videos and pictures desktop icons appeared and I can't remove them for some reason.And when I go the the properties of any one of them the...
  6. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  7. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  8. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can't click on some desktop icons

Can't click on some desktop icons: All of a sudden today I can't click on any desktop icon on the far right of my screen even when I change display to monitor 1. If I try to drag an icon from the left to the right, as soon as I get into that far right area on the screen I get this:Everything to the right of...
  10. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701