Windows 10: Cant click on some places

Discus and support Cant click on some places in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have this laptop since 2012, This laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 in 2018 by my mom even though this laptop is for windows 7. (My windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cupie CakeBirdina, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Cant click on some places

Hello, I have this laptop since 2012, This laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 in 2018 by my mom even though this laptop is for windows 7. (My windows isn't activated for some reason and cannot activate when i tried to.)

They formatted it and everything, and after i use it for weeks, some of the spots of my computer is unclickable

Cant click on some places ezgif-2-389a40500be6.gif

My cursor changed and cant click on something, in some other time, it'll change other locations of the screen like the very right, and its mostly located at the bottom of my screen.

I cant draw or do anything with this unclickable spot and its very annoying.

Restarting my laptop wont work because it will come back. I tried anything that solve this problem but none of it is working.

:)

Cupie CakeBirdina, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    In-place upgrade - XP to 10 without losing the apps

Wolfgang, you need at least two steps (Vista & Seven) between XP and 10, the Eight can be bypassed:
    • XP can only be in-place upgraded to Vista, not Seven or later
    • Vista can be in-place upgraded to Seven but not Eight or later
    • Seven can be in-place upgraded to 10
    • Ergo: XP to Vista is a must, as well as Vista to Seven but then you can bypass the Eight and jump to 10

4. Cant click on some places

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Cant click on some places

1. Cant click on some places - Similar Threads - Cant click places

2. Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlphaRuthlessBee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vfktc7/mouse_jumping_all_over_the_place_clicking_and_rt/
  3. Cursor clicks in random places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor clicks in random places: My cursor keeps clicking in different areas in keeps clicking on random extensions, closes tabs, click on random bookmarks, tabs, etc. I need help. Restarting has not worked....
  4. Cursor clicks in random places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor clicks in random places: My cursor keeps clicking in different areas in keeps clicking on random extensions, closes tabs, click on random bookmarks, tabs, etc. I need help. Restarting has not worked....
  5. Cursor clicks in random places

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor clicks in random places: My cursor keeps clicking in different areas in keeps clicking on random extensions, closes tabs, click on random bookmarks, tabs, etc. I need help. Resetting has not worked....
  6. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  7. Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons are in new places, some are in original place in taskbar when I click it.: Hello, I have pinned some software to taskbar. When I click one icon, it open the software in the same place in taskbar, but some are in a new place.For example, I clicked the chrome icon in taskbar, it opened in a new place at the right of the taskbar, but when I click the...
  8. Cant Click some stuff after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Click some stuff after updating to windows 10: Recently, I haven't been able to click some menu in windows 10 such as settings, or error pop up windows. I can use my keyboard to navigate and close it though. Any one have this issue and was able to fix it? submitted by /u/peteryunsie [link] [comments]...
  9. Need some storage place

in Windows 10 Support
    Need some storage place: Hello Forum, I spent many hours to have subtitled some movies, now I am short of space on my disks. I was looking on the web for some free space, found some. There is also on my pc something named "One drive" - dont know what it is or how to use it. My questions are: Can...
  10. Foreign language appears in some places

in Windows 10 Support
    Foreign language appears in some places: I don't think the title is correctly put but the screenshot I posted would hopefully explain what i really mean. Such problem appear in couple of other places but i couldn't find it the time i was writing this. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated. [img] 41733