Windows 10: Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes

Discus and support Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are certain things on the taskbar that I cant click on, the windows start menu, the type here to search bar, and the WiFi, Bluetooth etc and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RachelKK1, Sep 22, 2020.

1. RachelKK1 Win User

Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes

There are certain things on the taskbar that I cant click on, the windows start menu, the type here to search bar, and the WiFi, Bluetooth etc and the other side if the screen. When I click on them nothing happens.

When I click on HP support assistant and email the message "explorer.exe class system not working comes up".

I can still click on the little HP question mark button, Google chrome and Microsoft Edge. They all work fine.

I can open start when I physically click the button on the keyboard but it won't let me type to search for something.

Also in certain applications I can't type for example Netflix will open and let me click on the search bar but when I start typing no letters go in. This doesn't happen in other programs like chrome.

Its really frustrating as I cant figure out what is happening. If someone could help I'd be really grateful.

:)

RachelKK1, Sep 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes

1. Can't click on some things on taskbar and keyboard not working sometimes - Similar Threads - Can't click things

2. Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click anything on the taskbar, or on an application, sometimes both.: This is an HP laptop.Platform: Windows 10GPU: GTX 1050 Ti NotebooksProcessor: Intel Core i5-3800H @ 2.30 GHzRam: 16GB 2667MHzMy friend needed some help regarding their laptop. At any random point when using their laptop, for some reason, the taskbar and the desktop cannot be...
  3. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  4. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  5. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

6. Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar

Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar: I've already tried every methods I found on internet but it still happenOnly when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait for 2s later it's normal again for a whileI also reinstalled windows but still can't workPlease help me...
  7. Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar: I've already tried every methods I found on internet but it still happenOnly when I press Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait for 2s later it's normal again for a whileI also reinstalled windows but still can't workPlease help me...
  8. Sometime I can't click anything on desktop or taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes: Hi, so my issue is that some of the keys on my keyboard which are six, five, volume up same button as f2, mute same button as f1, Control, and the squiggly one don't work when I press them. Sometimes they will work, and when one of them does, usually all of them start to....
  10. Can't click sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click sometimes: I've started having a problem in the past couple of days where I'll be working just fine and all of the sudden I can no longer click on things. What's odd though is I can still double click to open folders on the Desktop, but once they're open I can't do anything with them. I...