Windows 10: Cant click on taskbar/start menu

Discus and support Cant click on taskbar/start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cannot click on my taskbar, no right click either. I can click on my desktop icons and open them, but then i cant click on anything in the folders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DTodts, Aug 11, 2020.

1. /u/DTodts Win User

Cant click on taskbar/start menu

I cannot click on my taskbar, no right click either. I can click on my desktop icons and open them, but then i cant click on anything in the folders. Sometimes it swaps, like i can click on taskbar but not desktop. My mouse also sometimes randomly does a middlemouse button press even though im not even touching it. I have updated windows, restarted windows explorer, reinstalled my mouse drivers and rebooted my pc a few times to no avail. I have no idea what caused this and I have no idea how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/DTodts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DTodts, Aug 11, 2020

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Janothin Win User

Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half way along with the taskbar settings not sticking.

Any suggestions will be great!

Janothin, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant click on taskbar/start menu - Similar Threads - Cant click taskbar

2. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  3. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  4. Cant access Start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access Start menu or taskbar: Hello I recently got my PC up and running again and my windows 10 is being weird as shit. I cannot access the start menu, or windows settings or anything beyond file explorer. I also cannot search for files in file explorer. I would like to just update to windows 11 to see if...
  5. Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks: Greetings,Starting at least a few weeks now, I find my taskbar completely unresponsive to any type of clicks. It also happens in some other UI elements, like certain dialog boxes and in the Start menu after typing a search query.I've tried many of the proposed solutions I...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Start menu search unresponsive to any clicks: Greetings,Starting at least a few weeks now, I find my taskbar completely unresponsive to any type of clicks. It also happens in some other UI elements, like certain dialog boxes and in the Start menu after typing a search query.I've tried many of the proposed solutions I...
  7. Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to click on taskbar/start menu icons: This is an odd problem, but it seems there are moments when I cannot click on my taskbar/start menu. When hovering over the icons, they aren't highlighted. I'm unsure if this is a problem with my mouse (I use a Logitech G502), but it seems that I can temporarily click on...
  8. When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    When clicking start menu, toolbar on taskbar disappears: I've attached a video below of the problem. When clicking the start menu, one of my toolbars (Media Monkey Media Player) disappears for some reason, and re-appears when releasing from the start menu. I've checked every option in Media Monkey and haven' t found a good reason...
  9. Right Click Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  10. Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on anything in Taskbar or Start Menu: Good day. I have an HP notebook with Windows 10 and yesterday I noticed that when I tried to open any programs from the taskbar, nothing happened. I clicked on the Start Menu also, nothing again. Even if I wave my mouse on the taskbar/Start menu. The icons don't light...