Windows 10: Can't click on the anything in the desktop

Discus and support Can't click on the anything in the desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Was working just an hr ago after I did a refresh and somehow while I was installing my games. The desktop stopped working. I went into the event file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by samurai14, Jan 23, 2021.

1. samurai14 Win User

Can't click on the anything in the desktop

Was working just an hr ago after I did a refresh and somehow while I was installing my games. The desktop stopped working. I went into the event file and saw this. Any help please.

Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 1/23/2021 10:09:29 PM
    Event ID: 7023
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: MSI
    Description:
    The NVIDIA Display Container LS service terminated with the following error:
    A generic command executable returned a result that indicates failure.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7023</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-01-23T13:09:29.2737919Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12339</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="356" ThreadID="13156" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>MSI</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">NVIDIA Display Container LS</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">%%14109</Data>
    <Binary>4E00560044006900730070006C00610079002E0043006F006E007400610069006E00650072004C006F00630061006C00530079007300740065006D000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

samurai14, Jan 23, 2021
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't click on the anything in the desktop :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 23, 2021
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Can't click on the anything in the desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Can't click on the anything in the desktop

1. Can't click on the anything in the desktop - Similar Threads - Can't click anything

2. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  3. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click anything on desktop: Hello all.Sometimes, I cannot click anything while using windows, including interacting with apps, minimizing/closing them, and interacting with the taskbar. The only fix for this is ctrl+alt+delete. Is there any fix for this? I've tried:DISMsfc /scannowAlso, sometimes my...
  4. Can't click anything on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  6. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  7. Can't click anything on desktop(20H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click anything on desktop(20H2): Cant click anything on the desktop, start menu works if I press the windows key on the keyboard. Mouse is useless on the desktop, cant click on taskbar icons as well.(Left and right click both do not work) I can launch applications in the start menu with the mouse and then...
  8. Can't click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on anything: Randomly, I am not able to click on anything. I can move mouse just fine, but can't click on any task buttons. They don't even highlight when I hover over them. I am able to click on apps on the desktop though (the shortcuts). If I restart 4 times, smetimes the problem goes...
  9. Can't left click on anything on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't left click on anything on the desktop: Hi all. My windows 10 seems to "locked". I am able to sign in then when I get to the desktop, I am unable to open any program. The system recently updated. I cannot figure out what is happening. Thank you in advance....
  10. Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Click On Anything In Desktop?: Greetings! So I have been having this PC problem for perhaps a week or so now? One time when I awoke from sleep, when I logged in today, and then sometimes when I am using my PC. So what happens is, randomly I cannot click on any desktop icons(left click and right click...