Windows 10: Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist

Discus and support Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I'm a user of Dell Inspiron 5559, i recently made a reset to my pc. After the reset, i cannot optimize my device as the option is grayed out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GAMER'SLAPTOP, May 11, 2021.

1. Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist

Hello,I'm a user of Dell Inspiron 5559, i recently made a reset to my pc. After the reset, i cannot optimize my device as the option is grayed out and can't be clicked. Please help me asap!

:)

GAMER'SLAPTOP, May 11, 2021

2. SupportAssist tile does not work

Hi Ken,

To better assist you, kindly provide us a screenshot of the "SupportAssist tile" so we can investigate.

Meanwhile, kindly follow these troubleshooting steps:

Looking forward to your response.

Raymond Ave, May 11, 2021
  3. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, May 11, 2021
  4. GFR
    gfr Win User

Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist

Running Optimize literally does nothing; in PS it yields an error

After doing a clean install of Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.906) and fully updating it, and updating all of the Dell drivers from Dell.com, I tried the following Optimize and Defrag options from How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 (tenforums.com/tutorials/8933-optimize-defrag-drives-windows-10-a.html):

• OPTION ONE: To Optimize Drives in Optimize Drives Tool: Steps 2, 3, and 4,
    • OPTION TWO: To Optimize Drives in Command Prompt: Step 2, and
    • OPTION THREE: To Optimize Drives in PowerShell: Step 3
    The four steps attempted from Options 1 and 2 resulted in no notice action; i.e., it appeared as though nothing happened after executing the commands.

When I ran Step 3 of Option 3, I received the following error message.

What does this mean and now what do I do?

Thanks!

Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist [​IMG]

Thema:

Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist

1. Can't click optimize my system in SupportAssist - Similar Threads - Can't click optimize

2. System 38% fragmented, will not optimize

in Windows 10 Customization
    System 38% fragmented, will not optimize: My computer shows the system is 38% fragmented, will not optimize, and I have already made sure I have the most current updates for Windows 10. I need help to get the system to optimize....
  3. Dell supportassist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell supportassist: So I recently bought a Dell XPS 7300 and noticed that there is something called dell supportassist on it. It spams notifications after a few days, and It asks me to install new drivers and check the drive. I was wondering if the supportassist does more good to a laptop? I...
  4. SupportAssist

SupportAssist: Dell SupportAssist will not install on my Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop. I download the installer. double click and it starts for 1 second then disappears. What will correct this...
  5. My "SupportAssist" won't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My "SupportAssist" won't run: My "SupportAssist" won't run https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-supportassist-wont-run/771077e0-979a-4f2e-8bc0-f6111b4e218b
  6. Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer: I dont know why but right after I install this program it automatically restarts my computer nonstop until I remove the program completely. This is not happening with other programs....
  7. Supportassist in Win10

Supportassist in Win10: Supportassist has stopped working. I can not update this app and my PC is getting slow. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/supportassist-in-win10/ab31e929-18e1-47fe-9023-9fb2bea7066b
  8. dell SupportAssist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dell SupportAssist: Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/dell-supportassist/2be55769-54cf-4d24-bd3e-7ff24b966a70"
  9. Can't Degragment (Optimize) SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Degragment (Optimize) SYSTEM: Hello - My computer is running extremely slow so I opened Defragment and Optimize Drives. The drive titled "SYSTEM" is 100% fragmented. All three other drives - OS (C*Smile , HP Recovery (D*Smile , and \\?\volume... are all 0% fragmented. When I click "Optimize" on the...
  10. System reserved optimize on SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    System reserved optimize on SSD: When I open the defragmenter it's says System reserved needs optimization but when I click on optimize nothing happens. 51444