Windows 10: Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons

Discus and support Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's the wierdest thing. I have two monitors and the issue only happens on the left monitor. And this is what happens... I just can't click on screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/judahbenk, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons

It's the wierdest thing. I have two monitors and the issue only happens on the left monitor. And this is what happens...

I just can't click on screen buttons (e.g. pressing play in Spotify won't work, can't minimize the windows, etc)

I can sometimes move windows to the right monitor and then everything works just fine. I'm baffled and ideas?

submitted by /u/judahbenk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/judahbenk, Nov 13, 2019

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Nov 13, 2019
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Nov 13, 2019
  4. andyn70 Win User

Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons

N80 MobileBrowser cannot be closed with 'End' Button

Yes sometimes the 'END' button does close some apps, but if you ever need to do something else and keep the existing app open, just press and HOLD the menu button, bottom left middle on closed phone and a list will appear on left hand side of screen with
    all applications that are currently open. To start a new app scroll UP/DOWN on the list to select STANDBY mode, this will take you to the main standby screen leaving the existing applications open and free to open up another app. For speed, if you ever need
    to close any of the apps in the list just highlight them and press C, it will then ask you if you wish to close this app, SELECT YES or NO!! To get back to the app you were on previously, again HOLD MENU select the app from the list!

Hope this is of some help

andyn70, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons

1. Can't Click the Close Button or other on screen buttons - Similar Threads - Can't Click Close

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. can't click on left button screen on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't click on left button screen on windows 11: Hello,i have a problem after upgrading to windows 11, if i am fullscreen on something, video, game, youtube video, or any app, i can't click on the bottom left part of the screen.Here I uploaded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbVd2HckuwThank you....
  4. can't click on left button screen on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't click on left button screen on windows 11: Hello,i have a problem after upgrading to windows 11, if i am fullscreen on something, video, game, youtube video, or any app, i can't click on the bottom left part of the screen.Here I uploaded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwbVd2HckuwThank you....
  5. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  6. Buttons Not Clicking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Buttons Not Clicking: This issue was very sudden and I'm yet to find any useful info. About two days ago I disconnected one of my wireless earphones from my laptop because I didn't want it to keep automatically connect to my laptop, a few hours later I went to connect them again and tried to add...
  7. Not working Powerpoint close button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not working Powerpoint close button: When I was done with a presentation, I saved it, then I tried to close it, it DID NOT WORK. It works in other apps, but this one didn't. So then restarted it. Some times it saves or loses information. I expected it to work. Thank you, Sincerely User....
  8. Click Here button

Click Here button: Since last update there is an annoying "Click Here" button that hovers over every link. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/click-here-button/baa71742-e47e-4caf-b3af-6142c802ea7c
  9. all close button

all close button: bottom right corner don't have the box to close all windows. The only thing that happens is the notification window pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-close-button/1034b778-0c0d-4186-92d0-7a1f031510d0
  10. print screen button on right click

print screen button on right click: Is possible to add a right-click function to right-click drop-down to print screen, or save screen. It would be perfect for online orders and things that need to be saved. for ease of explaining problems or troubleshooting of schematics, just problem solving in general. I...