Windows 10: Can't close gaps between multiple displays

Discus and support Can't close gaps between multiple displays in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When using my 3 monitor set up as seen in the attached screenshot, I always have a gap between screen 2 & 3. What's weird is that if I slowly try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rapafon, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Can't close gaps between multiple displays

When using my 3 monitor set up as seen in the attached screenshot, I always have a gap between screen 2 & 3.

What's weird is that if I slowly try to move my curser between that larger gap, it gets stuck on the edge, but if I "rush"(?) the cursor, meaning I move it really quickly from left to right and vice-versa, it can move from one screen to another.

Is there any tip/trick to "closing the gap" and making all displays flush? Every time I try to rearrange it it either slingshots back to where it was or worse it just jumbles all the displays up.

Moving the cursor from screens 3 & 2 to screen 1 works perfectly fine.

For context, my two monitors are exactly the same make/model which is Acer V226HQL which is 21.5 inch and my laptop has a 13.3 inch display.

Note: I'm sorry if this is a common question, I did search through the subreddit posts and couldn't find it though.

Edit: Image link on Imgur because silly me didn't upload it right the first time

submitted by /u/rapafon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rapafon, Mar 30, 2021

2. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Can't close gaps between multiple displays

Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Can't close gaps between multiple displays

1. Can't close gaps between multiple displays - Similar Threads - Can't close gaps

2. Gap between taskbar and browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between taskbar and browser: Hi, as you can see from the screenshot there is a large gap between my taskbar and the browser. The browser is in fullscreen and I can't drag it down. This gap exists for other Apps like Spotify and Discord as well, but it doesn't affect things like fullscreen videos or video...
  3. Gap between taskbar and browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between taskbar and browser: Hi, as you can see from the screenshot there is a large gap between my taskbar and the browser. The browser is in fullscreen and I can't drag it down. This gap exists for other Apps like Spotify and Discord as well, but it doesn't affect things like fullscreen videos or video...
  4. Gap between icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gap between icons in system tray: Hello,I'm having trouble with a very annoying quirk in Windows 10. Below is a screenshot of my notification area on the taskbar with only the clock and power icons selected. The spacing looks normal and this is ultimately what I want, albeit with all icons that I want to show...
  5. Gap between icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  6. Gap between icons

Gap between icons: I do not know what I did…….last thing remember was accidentally pinned a program to the taskbar……then I unpinned it now have this gap in between icons?Any answers thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-icons/29c0797c-b3ff-40cc-aa73-4993555cb24f
  7. Gap between icons

8. How do I close the gap between icons on the Taskbar in Windows 11?

How do I close the gap between icons on the Taskbar in Windows 11?: How do I close the gap between icons on the Taskbar in Windows 11? I have it set to display LEFT however, the icon spacing is way to wide! Hopefully this is NOT a feature....
  9. Gap between the toolbar the notification area.

Gap between the toolbar the notification area.: How do I get rid of this big gap between the toolbar the notification area? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gap-between-the-toolbar-the-notification-area/995262e8-e3fa-4189-b57b-c64d0bdc044a
  10. Virtual Desktops between multiple displays

Virtual Desktops between multiple displays: When are you going to incorporate the option for multiple desktops between multiple displays, instead of just an extended display? This would be really useful. Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing gap between dual monitors

2. clise gap between moniters

3. no gap between moniters