Windows 10: Can't close Win 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Can't close Win 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I've had Win 10 for awhile now and despite issues with keeping it from updating I've never had much trouble with it, but all of a sudden like two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FooglyBoogly, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Can't close Win 10 Start Menu

So I've had Win 10 for awhile now and despite issues with keeping it from updating I've never had much trouble with it, but all of a sudden like two weeks ago my computer suddenly stuck the start menu in full screen.

Whenever I turn it on and try to start up a program off the desktop it just goes straight to the start menu. After awhile of fiddling I'm able to get to my internet or my folders, but I am unable to close the menu and reach my desktop.

I've looked around at a ton of answers for how to fix it and I have the full screen turned off and I've turned off tablet mode, but it still isn't working. Is there anything else I can do that might change it?

:)

FooglyBoogly, Feb 11, 2019

2. Lost my Start Menu on Win 10 laptop

Hi Sherry,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps in the support article below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Not Closing

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Step 3: I suggest you to perform
    System File Checker
    (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 11, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Can't close Win 10 Start Menu

In Win.7 is there a Classic Start Menu/Button

Hi,

I'm on Windows Vista at the moment using Opera Browser and I has the nice Start Menu and i'm wondering if there is a program to add a modified Menu cause Win.7 don't have it. I tried Classic Shell it worked but it isn't like the Original Menu with the Microsoft Logo on the left

rk3066, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't close Win 10 Start Menu

1. Can't close Win 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Can't close Start

2. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts: When I open the Start Menu, I can't even click on any shortcuts I have there and after hovering on any icons, the menu automatically closes after 2-4 seconds.What I've tried that haven't worked:Restarting my laptopRestarting "Windows Explorer" in the Task ManagerRunning sfc...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts: When I open the Start Menu, I can't even click on any shortcuts I have there and after hovering on any icons, the menu automatically closes after 2-4 seconds.What I've tried that haven't worked:Restarting my laptopRestarting "Windows Explorer" in the Task ManagerRunning sfc...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu automatically closes, can't click shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  6. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  7. Start menu not closing

8. win 8.1 start menu in win 10

win 8.1 start menu in win 10: hello, i wants a win 8.1 start menu in win 10 but i don't find any way to do thad thad wark on my pc i can't eneable tabled mode does someone have any progam or anything to do thad 175902
  9. Win 10 start menu

Win 10 start menu: I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve...
  10. close start menu

close start menu: After last Windows 10 update, I cannot close stat menu. Internet websites have no minimization button, and close button is hidden in the upper right corner. I play Caesars slots which would run in the background while I looked at other websites, now the game stops...