Windows 10: can't compile a program in windows 10 64-bit

Discus and support can't compile a program in windows 10 64-bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 7-3-2020 Stats: windows 10 pro 64 bit Had windows 7 until they changed to windows 10 My programs in windows 10 won't compile. They all ran just fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jps99, Jul 3, 2020.

1. jps99 Win User

can't compile a program in windows 10 64-bit

7-3-2020

Stats: windows 10 pro 64 bit
    Had windows 7 until they changed to windows 10

My programs in windows 10 won't compile. They all ran just
    fine in Windows 7.
    The batch files just flash on the screen to fast to read.
    I tried to use "pause" but that didn't work.

EX: of a bat file.
    Set INCLUDE=D:\codejps\conversion64
    Set PATH=D:\codejps\conversion64
    GoAsm /x64/b/c convmenu64.asm
    GoLink /unused convmenu64.obj
    Would appreciate any suggestions.

:)

jps99, Jul 3, 2020

2. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

I have 64 bit windows 10 (10586) and a 64 bit processor but I can't run 64 bit programs.

I tested by trying to install 64 bit java and 32 bit java, 64 bit installer come up with the error "This app can't run on your PC" but the 32 bit installer works fine.

In task manager it appears all my programs are running in 32 bit mode which I don't think they were doing before.

I booted into safe mode to see if it would change anything but the problem still occurred.

This problem started today but I have no idea what has caused it, the last thing I did before I noticed the problem was adding a network drive to windows explorer which crashed the first time I tried, however it probably happened before
    this as I hadn't tried to install anything beforehand.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it? Any help would be appreciated!

ThunderDino, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Superfly Win User
    What differences are between 64 bit and 32 bit windows 10?

What makes you think Excel is crashing due to the architecture?

BTW: MS suggests using the 32 bit version (?default) of MS Office.

Another BTW: There are very few apps that use the 64 bit extended register ... thus most apps run as 32 bit anyway. I only had to compile 64 bit for a UEFI 64 bit only proviso once.

Superfly, Jul 3, 2020
  4. can't compile a program in windows 10 64-bit

Why program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while operating system is 64-bit in Windows 10

Original Title: 64bit or 32bit?

Hello. I'm a bit confused as to why my program files are listed as 32-bit (x86) while my system is 64-bit. It's listed as 64-bit under system settings however the x86 would lead me to believe otherwise. Any ideas? I
    am running Windows 10.

TheAssaultClass, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

can't compile a program in windows 10 64-bit

1. can't compile a program in windows 10 64-bit - Similar Threads - can't compile program

2. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  3. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  4. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit

Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit: Hi. I have an old 32-bit drafting program that I would like to install and run on my Windows 10 64-bit Surface Pro. Is it possible - if so, how do I do it or what can I try?...
  6. Can't backup or restore on my program of Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't backup or restore on my program of Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit: I am seeking for help what to do to fix the problem with my operating system of Windows 10 64-bit version. I did try to backup or restore in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, recovery, backup. I was going to refresh my operating system and in that way I will not...
  7. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  8. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure....
  9. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...
  10. 32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit: I have a program that I am trying to run on Windows 10, but it says it just run on a 32bit version navigator. Any suggestion on what to do?...