Windows 10: Can't complete installation of Your Phone App on Windows 10.2004

Discus and support Can't complete installation of Your Phone App on Windows 10.2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Start downloading the "Your Phone" App from Store on my laptop with Windows 10.2004 and when it was completed and started installation it was frozen on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PPD_Geek, Sep 11, 2020.

1. PPD_Geek Win User

Can't complete installation of Your Phone App on Windows 10.2004

Start downloading the "Your Phone" App from Store on my laptop with Windows 10.2004 and when it was completed and started installation it was frozen on 60% asking to login with my Account to Microsoft Edge. I did it but no changes for more than an hour.

Can't uninstall no such option under the right-click. Can't restart the installation. And of course can't use it...

What to do?

Thanks,

Pavels

:)

PPD_Geek, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Can't complete installation of Your Phone App on Windows 10.2004 [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

Thema:

1. Can't complete installation of Your Phone App on Windows 10.2004 - Similar Threads - Can't complete installation

2. Window 10 crashed completely everytime opening your phone app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 crashed completely everytime opening your phone app.: I am on WINDOW 10 v20H2.Window crashed everytime when opening your phone app. And screen turn into black showing cursor only.After 20 min of waiting, lock screen appears, then I unlocked and noticed everything such as fonts, size and scale is much bigger than before, and...
  3. YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?: Can I get the YOUR PHONE app to work with both of my android phones? It would be great to be able to use both of my smartphone #'s in the one app on Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-for-windows-10/6b99e49e-c262-4914-b19c-43c85bb9d14d
  4. My Phone will not complete install on my phone app Your Phone

My Phone will not complete install on my phone app Your Phone: The drop downs didn't show the Your Phone app here. I have to go with "Social" for texting I guess? I have an LG Premier Pro phone. I want to use this MS Your Phone. I started on the PC, answered ANDROID and then it gave me no choice but to sign in on an MS account. I did. I...
  5. Windows 10 Your Phone app

Windows 10 Your Phone app: Hi , i want to connect my Android mobile with my Windows 10 laptop through "Your Phone" app. Your Phone App requires Microsoft login .Instead of Microsoft personal login i want to use my business O365 account. Please suggest how can i connect my phone with my win 10...
  6. Can't reinstall "Your Phone" app

Can't reinstall "Your Phone" app: Hi I had installed the "Your phone" app, and it was working well, but then suddenly stopped synching 2 weeks ago. I tried all the recommended methods to reconnect, but none of them worked. So I thought back to basics, uninstall then reinstall. After a lot of problems I...
  7. Can't change phone in Your Phone app

Can't change phone in Your Phone app: I've just bought a new Android 10 phone, and want to link it to the Your Phone app on my Windows 10 PC, replacing the previous phone. I have followed both sets of instructions here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/119649-unlink-iphone-android-phone-windows-10-pc.html...
  8. Your Phone Windows 10 app

Your Phone Windows 10 app: I'm attempting to use the Your Phone app to move photos from my Pixel 2 to my laptop. I have found that the app on my laptop acts as if the left cursor button is always pressed, disallowing me from doing almost anything with it. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing...
  9. Unable to complete call setting on 'Your Phone' app.

Unable to complete call setting on 'Your Phone' app.: I'm able to receive notifications on pc even photos are visible but when I tried to complete call setting then a message appears, "You have apps installed that prevent you from making calls." I even tried setting up a manual Bluetooth connection still getting the same...
  10. Your Phone app fails to complete the connection between PC and phone

Your Phone app fails to complete the connection between PC and phone: The Your Phone app fails to connect the PC and my phone. The connection starts asking one to approve the connection on the phone. The approval pops up on the phone and you are able to approve the connection. As far as the phone is concerned the connection is good. However the...