Windows 10: Cant configure any windows hello features

Discus and support Cant configure any windows hello features in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sfxhewitt15, May 12, 2020.

1. Cant configure any windows hello features

Cant configure any windows hello features NRMZCHdlc7Fh3dJni9lo_s7kZe6EoI2StrCGF--FMhY.jpg

When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another fingerprint and seen the message in the picture attached. Any quick fixes for this? What is strange is, I have a fingerprint and pin set up and can only remove the pin, but when I do that and restart, at the login page it asks for my normal Microsoft password or it has a button with a fingerprint where I can register one and then register a pin but after doing that successfully I still get the same error below when going into setting...

https://preview.redd.it/41mflkxa9by...bp&s=3012631303cae5b37512a2fbf9397d32354f04dc

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model XPS 15 9570

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 087C

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.8.1, 01/02/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.1

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

BaseBoard Product 0D0T05

BaseBoard Version A00

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.752"

Time Zone GMT Summer Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.7 GB

Available Physical Memory 26.3 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.5 GB

Available Virtual Memory 29.8 GB

Page File Space 4.75 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualisation-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

submitted by /u/sfxhewitt15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sfxhewitt15, May 12, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, May 12, 2020
  3. WINDOWS HELLO

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Windows Hello.

I suggest you to check if the Windows Hello feature is enable in Group Policy editor. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.

• Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter key.

• Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.

Administrative Templates --> Windows Components--> Biometrics-->Facial
      Feature

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Use enhance anti spoofing when available.
    Select enable option and click on
    Apply
    and OK button.

Now, restart your computer and check.

Note: As already mention by Mr. Anil Madishetty in the same thread.

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

Windows Hello requires specialized hardware, including fingerprint reader, illuminated IR sensor or other biometric sensors.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 12, 2020
  4. Cant configure any windows hello features

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Cant configure any windows hello features

1. Cant configure any windows hello features - Similar Threads - Cant configure hello

2. windows hello says is not configured even if it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello says is not configured even if it is: Hello. My issue with Windows Hello is the following: every time I turn on the computer, a notification warns me that Windows Hello is not set up. However, I am confident that it is not the case. I log into the PC using a PIN, even though Windows Hello says I need to set it up...
  3. windows hello says is not configured even if it is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello says is not configured even if it is: Hello. My issue with Windows Hello is the following: every time I turn on the computer, a notification warns me that Windows Hello is not set up. However, I am confident that it is not the case. I log into the PC using a PIN, even though Windows Hello says I need to set it up...
  4. Configured feature support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configured feature support: Enabling or disabling features does not work says that request is not supported 0x80070032How did I come to that?Could it be one of these?fsutil behavior set bugcheckoncorrupt 1fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 1fsutil behavior set disableCompressionLimit 1fsutil behavior set...
  5. Configured feature support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configured feature support: Enabling or disabling features does not work says that request is not supported 0x80070032How did I come to that?Could it be one of these?fsutil behavior set bugcheckoncorrupt 1fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 1fsutil behavior set disableCompressionLimit 1fsutil behavior set...
  6. Configured feature support

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872
  8. Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to configure Windows Hello PIN: Hi all, I cannot set up a PIN for my computer. My system has latest Insider dev branch. Any help is appreciated. Regards. 175872
  9. Configure Windows Hello PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Configure Windows Hello PIN.: When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another fingerprint and seen the message in the picture attached. Any quick fixes for this? [ATTACH] OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home...
  10. Can't configure any Windows Hello Services.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't configure any Windows Hello Services.: When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another fingerprint and seen the message in the picture attached. Any quick fixes for this? [ATTACH] OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home...