Windows 10: Can't configure headset mic

Discus and support Can't configure headset mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DevonJeremy, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Can't configure headset mic

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months, and gave up a while back. Now I'm just asking for help. I Build a PC a few months ago and installed windows 10. Everything works fine, except microphones. I have a bose headset with one 3.5mm cable, but I know it has a working microphone because it works on my phone and old mac. I've tried messing with the settings in the real tech HD audio manager that came with windows 10, and the closest thing I got to the mic working was when the microphone broadcast the sounds that my computer was making, but not anything the microphone picked up. So I could call my friend, play a song on my computer and they would hear both the song I was playing and anything they said to me, but not a single sound picked up by the microphone. I've tried all the ports too. I even updated drivers when I first started troubleshooting, and under sound -> recording devices, it says that there is nothing plugged in! This is while the headset is plugged into the headphone port, but I've had people tell me that's where it needs to be plugged in to get the headphones and mic to work. In the window, it says my options are "microphone, not plugged in" "line in, disabled unplugged" and "stereo mixer, disabled unplugged". As far as speakers and the "playing audio" part of the headset, it works fine. If it helps at all, I this issue didn't suddenly start one day. It has been constant ever since I finished building my PC. I also tried a different headset which had a headphone 3.5mm plug, a mic 3.5mm plug and a USB cable, but it didn't work either. I'd try more tests with it, but it broke a while back. I know this is a lot of info, and I'm sorry to say that I don't know how much of it is useful, but if anyone can finally fix this issue I would really appreciate it.

:)

DevonJeremy, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Dragondog Win User

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Nov 10, 2018
  3. G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why the mic on your headset is not working. To properly assist you with this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different headset and check if the issue persists?
    • Are you having the issue with all of your games and other applications?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below.

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Windbrand Win User

Can't configure headset mic

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Can't configure headset mic

1. Can't configure headset mic - Similar Threads - Can't configure headset

2. Headset mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic: Hello, My Mic on my headset is not connecting to the computer. It is a 3.5mm Jack. The audio is working fine and the mic was working 5 days ago. The mic still works when i plug it into my phone but when I plug it into the computer the computer cant since the mic. The mic...
  3. Headset mic

Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  4. Headset mic

in Windows 10 Support
    Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  5. Headset mic

Headset mic: Someone please help me my laptop won't detect my headset mic. It detects the headset but I can't hear anything from it and if I speak into the mic it just uses the laptop mic instead of the headset mic. I don't know if this is important but my headset is an astro a10 wired...
  6. headset mic

headset mic: I purchased a headset Frontech model no HF-3442 which has two pins one red and one is green when i insert both the pins I can hear the sounds from the computer but my mic of the headset is detected by the computer but when i speak anything it is not able to recognize...
  7. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  8. Headset Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic: I recently just built a new pc. Everything was fine until I plugged in my Astro A 10 headphones and the mic that is already on wasn't detected. Any solutions/answers on how to get my mic to be recognized? I have Windows 10 64 bit. I have yet to activate windows yet though....
  9. Mic and Headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic and Headset: Ok so basically, I have a gaming headset with a mic, I plugged it in via audio jack of my windows 10 computer. At the beginning each time I plugged in my headset my computer would ask me what I plugged in (Headphones, Mic, ETC). So I set it to headphones and clicked: Don't...
  10. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...