Windows 10: can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10

Discus and support can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I didn't notice until just now as we moved the computer and set up the speakers again, but even though I have a DELL MMS5650 home theater system with 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimHemenway, Dec 29, 2018.

1. can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10

I didn't notice until just now as we moved the computer and set up the speakers again, but even though I have a DELL MMS5650 home theater system with 6 speakers, only the stereo option shows up in the "manage audio devices" part of control panel.

How can I get the 5.1 surround sound option to show up?

:)

JimHemenway, Dec 29, 2018

2. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Dec 29, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Dec 29, 2018
  4. can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10

No surround sound on purchased movies

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the computer ?

• What is the make and model of the sound card?

• Does the issue occur with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to check the quality of videos downloaded from the app, if the issue occurs only with the movies downloaded from Movies and TV app. If the issue doesn't occur in other videos saved on the computer and persists even after download
    the HD movies from the app then I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check.

To do so, please follow the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2

If the issue occurring with both the movies from the app and the videos saved on the computer then I suggest you to go to sound settings and select speaker type as 5.1.

To do so, please follow the steps below:

• 1. Press Windows key + X and select control panel.
    • 2. Click on Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Sound.
    • 3. Click the Playback tab, select Speakers, and then click
      Configure.
    • 4. Under Audio Channels, select which speakers are present in your
      speaker configuration, and then click Test. You should hear a
      tone play in each speaker. Click Next, and then follow the directions to continue the configuration process.
    • 5. Select 5.1 surround in the option and click on
      OK
    Note: Your sound card determines which options you see during the speaker configuration process. For example, if you're using a mobile PC with internal speakers, you might only see Stereo in the Audio Channels section.

If issue persists,

Method 3

Update the Sound card driver and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Sound card drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click Device Manger.

b. Search for Sound, Video and Game Controllers and expand it.

c. Right click on the soundcard driver and select
    update driver software

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10

1. can't configure surround sound 5.1 in windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't configure surround

2. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  3. Surround sound configure only has stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround sound configure only has stereo: im trying too set up surround sound, my 3 jacks are hooked up to a aux splitter and put into mu green port. when i try and configure my speakers only setero comes up and not 5.1. not sure how to fix this....
  4. Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hates Surround Sound: I recently installed a third monitor. This really highlighted my outdated soundbar, as it only covered one monitor. I went ahead and got a new sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy RX) and new speakers (Logitech Z606) so I could have 5.1 surround sound. Well, I've had nothing...
  5. can't customize audio configuration for 5.1 surround

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't customize audio configuration for 5.1 surround: I'm just tired of trying to switch my speakers from rear to side speakers, i reinstalled my original windows in SSD, updated all drivers now i m stuck at this settings. the option is just isn't available, I updated all drivers tried fixing from realtek manager still no...
  6. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  7. Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound

Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound: Looking through the forums, I notice that a lot of people have threads pointing out that Windows 10 simply doesn't play 5.1 sound consistently, some threads going back to 2016. I'm still having this problem and I see no response whatsoever to this issue. Why is this not...
  8. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  9. Windows 10 surround sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 surround sound settings: I have a Vizio surround sound system that i just installed in my living room. Its 5.1 surround and it has a sound bar, sub, and two satellite speakers. I have the surround sound enabled and it works, however in the pictures of the speaker layouts in the surround sound...
  10. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant configure 5.1

2. why cant i configure my sound

3. sound cant click configure

4. windows 10 configure surround sound,
  5. why cant i click configure my speakers windows 10,
  6. configure surriond sound windows 10,
  7. win 10 surround sound,
  8. win 10 5.1 config,
  9. set up surround sound windows,
  10. configure surround,
  11. cant configure speaker pc,